In order to be eligible for the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program Skilled Worker Stream, as the applicant, you must consider two sets of criteria for yourself and your employer:
You must have directly related work experience in an eligible occupation:
- Your occupation must be classified as Skill Level 0, A or B in the National Occupational Classification Matrix. These positions normally require post-secondary education and several years of directly related work experience.
- If you are working in a regulated occupation that requires mandatory certification, licensing or registration you must demonstrate that you meet these requirements when you apply to the PNP.
You will also need an offer of full time employment for an eligible employer:
- Your employer must provide you with a written offer of employment on official company letterhead. The letter must be:
- signed and dated by a person authorized to hire employees, and
- signed and dated by you, and stating that you accept the job offer.
You will also need to make certain that you are considering an eligible employer:
- Be established in B.C.
- Have Permanent full time employment
- Have a history of good workplace and business practices
- Meet domestic labour market recruitment requirements
- Offer a full time and indeterminate position
- Offer a market wage rate
Employers hiring nominee applicants in the entry-level or semi-skilled category must meet the following additional requirements:
- Have employed the nominee applicant on a work permit for at least nine consecutive months before the employee applies to the PNP and continue to employ the applicant.
- Have been in operation for at least two years.
Tags: British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program BC PNP Provincial Nominee Program PNP Canadian Permanent Residence Canadian Immigration British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) Skilled Worker Stream