Restoration of Status in Canada Video

Posted in Canadian Immigration Videos

Has your status in Canada expired and like to continue your status in Canada? If so, watch our video to learn more about how you can restore your status in Canada. Make sure you don't wait to long as you only have 90 days to restore your status!!!

Restoration of Status in Canada

Have you come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student and have lost your status in Canada ? Some reasons you may have potentially lost status include:

  • you are no longer attending college or university for which you received the Study Permit for
  • you are no longer working for the employer for which your received your Work Permit for
  • stayed longer then your authorized stay

If this is your situation, you still may be eligible to restore your status as a temporary resident if you have not been out of status for more than 90 days and have complied with the conditions of your work or study permit or visitor visa status. So you have the option restore, extend or change your status while maintaining implied status. For example, if you came as visitor and wish to study now in Canada, you can change the condition of your application as long as you do it within 90 days.

If you submit your application for restoration prior to the cut-off 90 day mark you will be on implied status, this means that the status you are applying for is yours until a decision is made on the application. So if you are here as a visitor and you are applying to extend your stay, you can remain in Canada under the implied status until a decision is made on the application. At the same time if a Work Permit or Study Permit is expired and you submit this application, you are still able to work and study in Canada until a decision is made on the extension.

If the 90 days have passed and you like to apply for restoration, you still can, however you have lost the ability to have an implied status. This means you cannot work or study in Canada until a decision is rendered. If you receive a negative decision, you are given a day in which you are supposed to depart Canada, if decide not to leave and have overstayed your welcome stay, this can have serious consequences in the future when planning to enter Canada. This can end up in departure, deportation or exclusion order depending on your situation. Exit Canada on time to avoid applying for an Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC) in the future, these application are not easily approved therefore exit on time to avoid future problems.

If your status has expired and like to extend or restore your status in Canada then contact Akrami & Associates today for best possible outcome.

With Akrami & Associates there is always a way!!

If you like this video please subscribe to our channel!

We hope you enjoy the video!

For more information on Canadian Immigration and many other immigration matters, check out our site:

or Call us at

416-477-2545 | 1-877-820-7121

416 477 2570 | 1 877 622 8182

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Tags: Restoration of Status in Canada How to restore my status in Canada Canada Work Permit Extensions Who can extend their stay in Canada How to extend my stay as visitor in Canada How to extend my canada work permit How to extend my study permit How to extend my stay in Canada Canadian Work Permit Extension Can I extend my visitor visa stay in canada Canada Study Permit Extensions Temporary Worker Extend Your Stay in Canada Work Permit Extensions Frequently Asked Questions Canadian Immigration

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here