Travelling to Canada with a DUI Video

Posted in Denied Entry to Canada Videos

Having a previous offense on record, like a DUI, can have a serious impact on your ability to travel to Canada. Watch our video and find out how you can overcome an inadmissibility issue and what type off application you need to fill out to be allowed entry into Canada.

Travelling to Canada with a DUI

Are you travelling to Canada with a DUI if you are you might be considered inadmissible to enter Canada. Those who have a DUI whether it happened 6 months, a year ago or more will require what called a Temporary Resident Permit (TRP). This document helps overcome your inadmissibility on a temporary basis. A Temporary Resident Permit can be issued up to 3 years maximum, depending on your citizenship and your situation. TRP can be filed at the Port of Entry and get a same day decision or you can submit the application at the Consulate level which can take about 8 to 12 months to get a decision. In order for the TRP to be issued at the Port of Entry your citizenship needs to be from a visa exempt country such as the United States. If you come from a non-visa exempt country then you can only submit the application at a consulate level.

If you have conviction of DUI on your record and five or more years have elapsed since the sentence was served or whatever that was imposed on you than you may eligible to apply for the permanent document known as Criminal Rehabilitation. The Criminal Rehabilitation is essentially a forever document; your past is essentially pardoned in the eyes of Canada, meaning you don’t constantly have to renew it unlike the Temporary Permit.

For more details on Temporary Resident Permit and to determine your eligibility to apply then please contact us today.

With Akrami & Associates there is always a way!!

If you like this video please subscribe to our channel!

We hope you enjoy the video!

For more information on Denied Entry to Canada and many other immigration matters, check out our site:

or Call us at

416-477-2545 | 1-877-820-7121

416 477 2570 | 1 877 622 8182

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Tags: DUI/DWI/Temporary Resident Permit/TRP/Criminal Rehabilitation Travelling with a DUI to Canada i have business meeting in canada but have dui I have a DUI can i still come to canada immigration officer at port of entry canada Crossing Border with DUI or DWI Video What An Officer Looks For When You Arrive At The Border? Denied Entry to Canada Can I File My Own Application? Determining if Criminal Inadmissibility is Minor Denied entry to Canada Temporary Resident Permit Denied Entry at the Canadian Border American Denied Entry to Canada Denied Entry to Canada for DUI DUI Criminal Rehabilitation Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) Denied entry to Canada

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our immigration specialists will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our immigration specialist will contact you. Click here

  • Reviews

    We have used Akrami & Associates for all of our immigration needs. They have never let us down and we couldn’t be happier. They took care of us from start to finish with little effort on our part. An excellent group of legal professionals.

    Michael W. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    Shabnam, I wanted to personally thank you for all your hard work and dedication to me and my wife. Our new lives together are all thanks to you. Considering the unique circumstances that initially prevented her, I had lost hope. I will make sure that if anyone I know needs immigration help, I will be sending them your way. Again, I can’t thank you enough.

    Frank T. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    Fantastic news, I entered Canada without a hitch. Once the guard at the border saw the package you had prepared for me, he took about ten minutes and handed me my permit. What I relief! I don’t know why I ever tried this without you guys! Thank you!

    Paul R. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    I got my visitors visa thanks to Shabnam. I just want to thank her and all the team for her hard work. They all did a very good job.

    Lucy A. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    Akrami & Associates was extremely professional and the most efficient legal team I have ever had the pleasure of dealing. They responded to my emails quickly, never missed a phone call and explained the process to me in such a way that anyone could understand, even me. Thanks to them, I was able to hire the workers my business needed mush sooner than I had ever expected. You can’t go wrong with them.

    Fahim S. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    Reception was very nice and was sure to answer the questions he could but made sure I was taken care of by a rep at the firm. Shabnam was extremely helpful and I will be calling again when I am ready to proceed.

    Salvatore M. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star