Applications received by HRSDC before or on March 8, 2013
- Employers whose AEO application was received by HRSDC on or before March 8, 2013, and who have not yet received an opinion will be able to submit an LMO application should they choose.
- Employers with pending AEO applications who choose not to avail themselves of this opportunity will remain in the processing queue. However their application may not be processed in time for it to be used in support of an FSWP application (i.e. before May 4, 2013).
- HRSDC will soon mail employers with pending AEO applications the revised LMO application form so they have the opportunity to update their application. Those who choose to update will not lose their place in the processing queue.
- AEOs will only be valid until May 3, 2013. CIC must receive any FSWP application that is supported by an AEO on or before May 3, 2013 or it will not be accepted.
Applications for AEOs submitted to HRSDC/Service Canada after March 8 and before May 4, 2013
- Current processing times are about 8 weeks, so any applications for an AEO received after March 8, 2013, are not likely to be processed by May 3, 2013.
- For this reason, if you submit a new AEO application after March 8, 2013, it will be returned to you with instructions on how to apply for an LMO.
Contact Akrami & Associates Immigration Law firm1-416-477-2545
For further information with respect to your Canadian immigration, we invite you to contact our experienced immigration representatives.