Shabnam Akrami Blogs
Canadian Experience Class
The Canadian Experience Class is a unique application type which rewards foreign workers currently in Canada, who have obtained worthy work experience in a skilled occupation, to obtain Permanent Residence in Canada.
The Canadian Experience Class may be for you if:
- You have lived and worked in Canada
- You have good English and French Skills
- You have skilled work experience in Canada
- Wish to remain in Canada and obtain Permanent Residence
If the above applies to you, depending on the nature of your work, you may qualify for the Canadian Experience Class.
Basic Requirements (Canadian Experience Class)
In order to qualify for the Canadian Experience Class category of Permanent Residence, there are a few factors your will need to consider. You must meet these basic requirements in order to consider yourself eligible. You must:
- Plan to live outside the province of Quebec
- Have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,
- Have gained your experience in Canada with the proper authorization
- Meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing, and listening).
Skilled work experience (Canadian Experience Class)
According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:
- Managerial jobs (NOC skill type 0)
- Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
- Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)
Under Standing the National Occupational Classification
The National Occupational Classification Matrix is a classification coding system which basically accounts of all occupations. This classification is based primarily on duties and not job titles.
If you are attempting to classify your position, you should review the primary duties of your occupation in order to determine your classification. The classification is a four digit number which is attributed to the position which best describes your current occupation.