Shabnam Akrami Blogs

Shabnam Akrami is the Managing Partner and Founder of Akrami & Associates.

Do I Qualify For Temporary Residence?

Do I Qualify For Temporary Residence?

If you are interested in visiting Canada and come from a country which is not visa exempt, you will need a Temporary Resident Visa. There are different classes of temporary residents and If you want to apply under the temporary class then you have few options.

Temporary Resident Visa Classifications:

  • Visitor visa
  • Work permit
  • Study permit, and
  • Super visa


Visitors include Travelers, Tourists, Vacationers, Family members, and Friends. If you want to visit Canada then you can apply a Visitor Visa.

Work Permits

As a foreign national, you will need this permit to work in Canada. You need a genuine job offer letter from Canadian employer and your prospective Employer needs a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment in order to be authorized to hire you.

Study Permit

If you are interested in studying in Canada then you require a Study Permit. You will need an acceptance letter from the Canadian institution where you will be studying in in order to apply.

Super visa

This is a special kind of Visitor Visa for parents and grandparents of Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents. This type of visa can be granted for up to ten years but there are financial requirements on the Canadian inviter.

With all these different statuses, you have to be admissible. If you are inadmissible then you are not allowed to come to Canada. Several things can make you inadmissible, including involvement in criminal activity, in human rights violation or in organized crime.

You can also be inadmissible for security, health or financial reasons. A Medical Examination may be required depending on your visa category.

Feel free to contact us at any time to determine what status you will need to help achieve your goals in Canada. A representative of the firm would be happy to outline your options for success.

How Do I Obtain A Study Permit For Canada?
Permanent Resident Card Renewal

Related Posts


By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here