Shabnam Akrami Blogs
How Do I Submit My Application?
If you are planning to apply for a Visitor Visa, then you have two options. You can submit you application through two ways and those are:
- Once you have completed your Visitor Visa application then you can submit your application online. Submitting an application online typically has a much faster processing time.
Before you start your application online you need to have an account with Citizenship and Immigration (CIC).
- You can also submit a paper application directly to a consulate or visa application centre abroad. Submitting in this way usually has an elongated processing time.
How Can I Stay in Canada?
If you want to remain in Canada beyond the validity of your status, you can apply to extend your stay in Canada. You have to apply for the extension before for the expiry date and also you should typically apply at least 30 days in advance. If you wish to remain in Canada and want to apply to extend your stay, you should:
- Determine how you will apply
- Compile your supporting documents and forms
- Pay your application fees
- Submit your application
What Are biometrics?
Biometrics are basically fingerprints and photographs that are needed of citizens or residents of specific countries. If you are applying for q Visitor Visa then you may need to give your fingerprints and photographs, it depends on country to country.
Some citizens of the country need to provide fingerprints or photographs, not all countries need to provide those. Once you have submitted your application, you have 30 days to submit your fingerprints and photographs. Here is the list of those countries that needs biometrics:
List of countries:
- Burma (Myanmar)
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Palestinian Authority
- Saudi Arabia
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka