Shabnam Akrami Blogs
Requirements Applying for Permanent Residence under Live-in Caregiver Program
If you are working under Live-in Caregiver program, you can be eligible to apply for Permanent Residence. However, there are few requirements to apply for Permanent Residence under Live-in Caregiver program and you have to meet those requirements in order to become eligible and those are following:
- You have 24 months of authorized full-time Live-in employment; or
- You have 3900 hours of authorized full-time Live-in employment. You have to complete these hours within minimum 22 months;
- You can also add 390 hours of overtime in your 3900 hours of employment;
- The work experience must be acquired within four years of your date of arrival
When you calculate the time of working, you cannot include certain period of time like:
- Any period of unemployment
- Any extended time that you have spent outside Canada. For instance, you go for vacation outside Canada and spend more time than your employment contract said
- Any period of work that you work for your employer outside Canada. For example, the time you have spent on a family vacation outside of Canada will not count.
- Any period of work you have done in Canada as caregiver while you lived outside your employer home. But if you work experience as live-out caregiver and you like to include that work experience in your Permanent Residence application, then you have to apply permanent residence through caring for children or caring for people with high medical needs pathway.
Your application for permanent residence can be affected by few factors and those are following:
- If you, your spouse or common-law partner or any family member have a criminal record or serious health issue or medical problem.
- If you have provided false information in your application when you have applied first time under Live-in Caregiver for work permit that is called misrepresentation. A misrepresentation is something like you have provided wrong information about education, training, or experience to the visa officer when you have applied first.
However, there are also some factors that will not affected you application for Permanent Residence and those are following:
- Financial situation
- Skills upgrading in Canada
- Voluntary work
- Marital status, or
- Number of family members you have in your home country
When you apply for Permanent Residence status, you must have to include all your family members. If you do not include name of your family members in your application, you cannot sponsor them later date. You and your family members can get Permanent Residence status at the same time.
Your work experience under the Live-in Caregiver program may allow you to apply for Permanent Residence through the caring for children or caring for people with medical needs pathways. Those are few basic requirements for applying for Permanent Residence under Live-in Caregiver program. If you need detailed information or have further question, call us or send us email, we will happy to provide you information about the requirements for applying for Permanent Residence status under Live-in Caregiver program.