Giovanni Blog

Giovanni Blog about Canadian Immigration matters.

Super Visa for Parents and Grandparents

Super Visa for Parents and Grandparents

What Is A Super Visa?

The super visa is a visa that is valid for up to 10 years. It allows you to stay in Canada for up to two years at a time. Every two years you must leave the country and then you may come back as many times as you want for up to 10 years. The catch is that you must be the parent or grandparent of persons who are already Canadian citizens or at least permanent residents of Canada. You must also be allowed to enter Canada and meet certain other conditions.

When applying for a super visa:

  • you must prove that your child or grandchild meets the minimum income requirement
  • you must provide a written statement from your child or grandchild, stating that he/she will financially support you during your stay
  • you must have valid Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year
  • you must have an immigration medical exam

There are a few things that visa officers look at when reviewing your application:

  • your ties to your home country
  • the purpose of your visit
  • your family and finances
  • the overall economic and political stability of your home country
  • an invitation from your child or grandchild

The reason for this is because they want to determine that you are in fact a visitor and will willingly leave at the end of your visit.

When applying for a super visa you can include your spouse or common-law partner to come with you; however, you cannot include dependants in this application.

Another visa called the 10-year multiple entry visa also exists. Many people ask what is the difference between the two then. The answer is that with the ten year multiple entry visa, individuals are only allowed to stay for up to six months and then they must leave. But the super visa allows individuals to stay for up to two years at a time without having to leave the country.

If you are decided whether to apply for a multiple TRV or a Super Visa Application, call us today. Let us tell you the difference and inform you which option is best for you. At Akrami & Associates, there is Always Way!

What documents Do You Need For Parental Sponsorshi...
Passport Requirements Coming Into Canada

Related Posts


By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here