Canadian Immigration Blogs

Read blogs about Canada, Immigration Canada, and how to come to Canada.

About Intra-Company Transferee Work Permits

About Intra-Company Transferee Work Permits

What is the International Mobility Program?

There various different work permits one could apply for which would give them permission to work legally in Canada. The reason there are so many different work permits for individuals to choose from is that the Canadian government recognizes that there are a variety of different circumstances individuals who wish to work in Canada, are facing. Therefore, the different work permits exist to suit each individual’s circumstance, and provide each individual a permit which gives them the necessary permissions to have success in their specific endeavors. For example, some work permits are available through the international mobility program (IMP). Work permits available through the IMP lets employers hire temporary workers without a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), unlike the temporary foreign worker program (TFWP). Work permits available through the international mobility program are LMIA exempt because they have special permissions through a bilateral or multilateral agreement the Canadian government is party to. In this article, we will work to help you understand the intra-company transferee work permit, which runs through the international mobility program.

What is an Intra-Company Transferee Work Permit?

Through the international mobility program, one option is an intra-company transferee work permit. This type of work permit is useful for individuals who work for trans-national corporations (TNCs), otherwise known as multi-national corporations. From time to time, an individual who works for a company which has branches or affiliates in difference parts of the world may have the opportunity to re-locate to a country like Canada. Though, to work in Canada, everyone who is not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident needs a work permit. An intra-company transfer work permit (ICT work permit) makes it easier for these individuals to obtain permission to work for their company in Canada. Additionally, the ICT work permit brings some other benefits, but at the same time places some restrictions on the grounds the individual seeking work is coming to work with one particular company. For example, your employer does not need to obtain a positive LMIA, as mentioned. Though, an ICT work permit is essentially a closed work permit. This means, you will only have permission to work with a branch or affiliate of your original company during your time in Canada.

Continue reading
  3053 Hits
3053 Hits
Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here