Canadian Immigration Blogs

Read blogs about Canada, Immigration Canada, and how to come to Canada.

Who needs an Electronic Travel Authorization

Who needs an Electronic Travel Authorization

What is an Electronic Travel Authorization

Are you planning to visit Canada by air? Are you from a visa-exempt country that requires an eTA to travel to or through Canada? People enjoy flying by airplane because it may be faster, more enjoyable, and less of a hassle than driving. If you are a traveler from a visa exempt country you may need to get an eTA to be able to enter Canada. Many travelers may not know they need an eTA until they are at the airport and they are told to go back because they cannot enter Canada without an Electronic Travel Authorization.

An eTA is an acronym for Electronic Travel Authorization which is an entry requirement for specific visa exempt foreign nationals traveling to Canada by air. It can be valid for up to five years or until the passport expires. Please be aware that your passport and your eTA go hand in hand, it’s important to keep in mind you need to have a valid passport and a valid eTA this signifies that if your passport expires you will also need to get a new eTA.

Continue reading
  599 Hits
599 Hits
Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here