Shabnam Akrami Blogs
Temporary Resident Visas
What is a Temporary Resident Visa?
A Temporary Resident Visa is a temporary status document that can allow you to enter Canada as a visitor. The purposes can be such as:
- A visit with your family and/or friends
- A business trip
What will it look like if you get one?
It is only a sticker which is the equivalent to the size of a passport page. This sticker will show that the officers have deemed you not inadmissible at the time of your application.
How will you know if you qualify for a Temporary Resident Visa?
There are several factors that have to be met in order for you to be eligible for a Temporary Resident Visa. Some of these factors are:
- You will need to show proof that you have enough money for your stay as well as for any family members that you may be bringing with you, as well as enough to get you back home after your visit
- Satisfy an officer that you are going to leave Canada at the appropriate time after your visit has come to an end, with no issues
- You will have to prove that you have no intentions to work while you are in Canada
- You must show that you are law abiding and that you have no record of criminal activity
- You must be in good health and show completion of a medical exam if it is required of you
- You must show that you are not going to be a security risk in Canada, and;
- You may be asked to provide any additional documents that are requested of you from the officer
Who needs a Temporary Resident Visa?
If you are a Canadian citizen or a Canadian Permanent Resident you will have the right to freely enter into Canada. If you are not a citizen or Permanent Resident you may require a Temporary Resident Visa for the above listed reasons for coming into Canada.
If you are already in Canada and obtain a valid study permit or a work permit you must send in an application for a new Temporary Resident Visa. You will either have to send your application to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa or even the visa office that deals with your Country of Nationality.
How will you know if you need a Temporary Resident Visa?
You will have to look at the list of Countries and Territories whose citizens require a visa. Another option for this would be to inquire with a legal representative in order to make sure you have all of the correct information.
What happens if you have a DUI or a criminal record?
If you have a criminal record or a DUI it may not be impossible for you to obtain a Temporary Resident Visa but it may be time consuming and not something that comes easy for you. There will be certain factors that you will have to demonstrate as well as a large amount of information that you will be required to provide.
You will have to show your completion of sentencing for whatever it may be, you will have to show the equation of the foreign offence to Canadian Law, you will be required to give your reason behind the entry into Canada, demonstrate your good character and you will be required to convince an officer that you are in fact a low risk traveller whom will leave Canada at the end of the period of stay.
How can we help you?
There is a lot to take in when looking at this process, if you have any questions or concerns our staff will be more than happy to help clarify anything for you. If you are unsure, please allow us to ensure that your application is complete in order for you to make this a trouble free visit into Canada. We will take the time to make sure everything is filled out properly and appropriately and make sure that you have any supporting documents that you may need.
By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://thevisa.ca/