The Parent Super Visa
If you are a Parent or Grandparent of a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada and you would like to visit your Child or Grandchild in Canada, depending on your country of citizenship you will require a Temporary Visa. For Parents or Grandparents, Citizenship and Immigration Canada has established a category called the Super Visa. You, as a foreign national Parent or Grandparent can apply for a Super Visa to obtain legal temporary status in Canada.
If you are eligible to apply under the Super Visa category, it is important that you know how your application will be assessed. This will allow you to put together a strong application and to collect the right supporting documents.
Assessing Your Super Visa Application
When you submit your application for a Super Visa, it is important that you are aware of how the immigration officer will assess your application. This is important because it will allow you to put together an application that will be strong and compelling to the immigration officer. Being prepared is important.
When making a determination on your application for a Super Visa, an immigration officer will consider several factors. One of the main points of focus in a Super Visa application, or any Temporary Resident Visa application in fact, is the temporary nature of your visit to Canada. You must prove to the immigration officer that you will be exiting Canada after your authorized duration of stay in Canada.
In determining whether you are an actual visitor who will be leaving Canada by choice at the end of your stay, an immigration officer will be assessing the following things in your Super Visa application:
- Your ties to your home country
- The purpose of your visit
- Your family and finances
- The overall economic and political stability of your home country
- An invitation from a Canadian host
Furthermore, as part of your Super Visa application, you must also include the following components:
- You must prove that your Child or Grandchild in Canada meets the minimum income threshold that is required under the Super Visa category;
- You must provide a written statement from the host Child or Grandchild indicating that he/she will give your financial support during your visit in Canada;
- You must have valid Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year; and
- You must have an immigration medical exam conducted
At Akrami & Associates, our team of legal professionals has the skills, expertise, and knowledge to put together the strongest application for you with the highest chance of success. Our vast experience gives us the knowledge of what exactly an immigration officer is looking for and how your application will be assessed.