Shabnam Akrami Blogs
What Is A Visitor Visa?
A temporary resident (visitor) visa is a travelling document which allows you to enter into Canada whether it is as a tourist, for visiting family and friends, or for business purposes. To enter Canada you may need a visitor’s visa depending on your citizenship.
What do I need to apply?
To qualify for a visitor visa you must have the following:
- a valid travelling document, such as a passport
- be in good health
- proof of a job, home, financial assets, or family that will take you back to your home country
- proof that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay
- enough money for your stay
- have no record of criminal activity and not be a risk to the security of Canada
- no intentions to work or study in Canada
You may also need:
- a medical exam
- letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada
What Travel Documents Do I Need To Have?
You must make sure to have valid travel documents and identification for yourself and any children travelling with you when you enter Canada. If you fail to do so you may be delayed or unable to travel.
Travel documents that will not be accepted include the following:
- passports issued by Somalia
- non-machine readable passports issued by the Czech Republic
- temporary passports issued by the Republic of South Africa
- provisional passports issued by Venezuela.
How to apply for visitor visa:
You can apply for temporary resident visa online or on paper. You will need to properly fill out the temporary resident visa application and submit it to a Visa Application Center. If any of the documents are missing the application package will be returned back to you. You may also be required to give your biometric finger prints and photograph depending on which country you are from.
Let’s get started! If you need further information or assistance feel free to contact us at 416-477-2545 or 1-877-820-7121.