What If My PR Card Expires While I Am Outside Canada?

Posted in PR Card Renewal

Many people face a hard time when they notice their PR Card has expired and they are outside of the country.  In order to qualify for a PR card renewal you must meet certain residency obligations. If you are outside of the country and you do not meet the residency requirements, this can be a very frustrating and scary situation.

If you are abroad while this happens you have 3 options available to you:

  1. Applying for a Travel Document,
  2. Applying for PR Card renewal with Humanitarian and Compassionate arguments, or
  3. Entering via the United States.

Being unable to return to Canada can be very frightening experience and knowing your options is the best place to start when determining how best to remedy the situation. Akrami &Associates has much experience in assisting clients who have found themselves in just this type of situation. An in-depth understanding of the immigration regulations and comprehension of how to make Humanitarian and Compassionate arguments can mean the difference between approval and refusal.

Contact Akrami & Associates Immigration Law firm


For further information with respect your Canadian immigration we invite you to contact our experienced immigration representatives.  At Akrami & Associates we will assess your unique situation and determine the best way for you to come to Canada.

Tags: What If My PR Card Expires While I Am Outside Canada? PR Card Renewal Canadian Immigration

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here