Temporary Resident Permit Overcoming Inadmissibility Video

Posted in Temporary Resident Permit Videos

Do you have an urgent travel date and have been Denied Entry to Canada? If you like to overcome your inadmissibility to Canada you will need Temporary Resident Permit (TRP). Unsure if you should file the application at the Port of Entry (POE) or at the consulate? If so, watch our video to learn the best way you can obtain your TRP to be allowed entry into Canada.

Temporary Resident Permit Overcoming Inadmissibility

Do you have a past criminal record such a DUI, Felony, Misdemeanor, Assault charge and need to travel to Canada for business or leisure? Persons with past criminal record have to apply for document called the Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) to overcome their inadmissibility issue. A TRP is temporary document that allows you entry into Canada from one day to a maximum of three years depending on your situation.

A Temporary Resident Permit can be applied for two ways, you can either submit an application at the consulate which takes approximately 8-12 months for processing. If you have an urgent travel date such as a business meeting, family urgency, or had planned a vacation ahead of time then you can also apply at the Port of Entry for same day decision. If you are applying at the Port of Entry and you come from non-visa exempt country then unfortunately you can only apply at consulate level. American citizens can apply at the Port of Entry and get same day decision on their application.

So when you apply for TRP application you need to include the following documents:

  • Police clearances that show what was imposed on you and what you completed for it
  • why you want to travel to Canada (immigration officer assesses need versus risk)
  • documents that demonstrate good character
  • reference letters from friends or family members that can put in a good word in for you
  • if you are travelling business include business invitation letter

Remember to also submit your application at consulate level rather than just getting a decision at the port of entry. Submitting your application at the consulate demonstrate to the immigration officer at the port of entry that you have take all the necessary steps to resolve your situation but due to your urgent travel need you cannot wait 8-12 months.

If you have pas inadmissibility issue and like to travel to Canada for leisure or business than contact Akrami & Associates today. TRP applications are not easily approved therefore hiring an immigration representative that has experience is highly recommended.

With Akrami & Associates there is always a way!!


If you like this video please subscribe to our channel!

We hope you enjoy the video!

For more information on Temporary Resident Permit and many other immigration matters, check out our site:




or Call us at

416-477-2545 | 1-877-820-7121

416 477 2570 | 1 877 622 8182

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Tags: Applying for a TRP at the POE Applying at a Port of Entry for TRP or Criminal Rehabilitation What Documents do I Need to Include with TRP Application Denied Entry to Canada/TRP Documents/Criminal Rehabililtation Documents TRP Documents DUI/DWI/Temporary Resident Permit/TRP/Criminal Rehabilitation Denied Entry to Canada/TRP/Criminal Inadmissibility/Medical Inadmissibility TRP application Inadmissibility Issues to Canada Reasons for for Inadmissibility to Canada I was denied entry to canada for inadmissibility what can i do what is a TRP and how can i qualify for one What to Expect at the Canadian Port of Entry Criminal Inadmissibility Canada Temporary Resident Permit (TRP)

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here