Criminal Inadmissibility Frequently Asked Questions

Posted in Temporary Resident Permit

This term describes people who are not allowed to enter or stay in Canada because they have committed or been convicted of a crime. That crime may have occurred in or outside Canada. Should this be the case for you, you may be considered to be inadmissible, not able to enter Canada under normal circumstances, under these conditions and will require additional authorization to do so.

Normally you cannot enter Canada if you are inadmissible. However, there are ways of overcoming your criminal inadmissibility.

If you are inadmissible, you may become admissible again if you:

  • satisfy an immigration or border services officer that you meet the legal requirements to be deemed rehabilitated;
  • apply for individual rehabilitation and get approved; or
  • receive a pardon or record suspension.

You may also be offered a Temporary Resident Permit if:

  • your reason to travel to Canada is considered justified in the circumstances; and
  • you do not pose a risk because of your inadmissibility.

Visits considered justified could include family emergencies or for business or work reasons. Pleasure trips are normally not considered justified in the circumstances but are often arguable.

Also check our site dedicated for Denied Entry to Canada and Temporary Resident Permit

Tags: Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) Denied entry to Canada Canadian Temporary Residence Canadian Immigration Criminal Inadmissibility Frequently Asked Questions

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here