The British Columbia Provincial Nominee Programs considers all possible applicants and recognizes those who have already obtained valuable work experience in British Columbia. The Entry Level and Semi-Skilled Worker category of the British Columbia Provincial Nominee program takes into account those who are just starting out in British Columbia and who want to remain in a province they have become accustomed to.
Akrami & Associates will guide you every step of the way with this. Contact us for more details.
If you intend on submitting your application without the support of a representative, there are a couple of factors you should keep in mind.
Eligible Work Experience
- You must currently be employed and you must have been employed full-time by your employer in British Columbia in an eligible occupation for at least nine consecutive months before applying to the BC PNP. Eligible occupations are divided into three categories:
- Tourism and hospitality
- Long-haul trucking
- Food processing
- All jobs in Skill Level C or D in the National Occupational Classification (except Live-In Caregivers), if you are working in the Northeast Development Region.
- You must maintain full-time employment with your employer in B.C. throughout both PNP and permanent residence application processes.
- Work experience that is part of a program of study (such as co-op) or obtained using an Off-Campus Work Permit does not qualify.
You must demonstrate that you have the ability to pay for your housing and living expenses in British Columbia. You will be assessed based on:
- income and employment prospects,
- location of residence in British Columbia,
- number of dependants, and
- English language ability.
The Provincial Nominee Program will notnominate you if:
- you are prohibited from entering Canada,
- you have not been lawfully admitted in the country where you currently reside,
- you are in Canada illegally,
- you have an unresolved refugee claim in Canada, or
- you are under a removal order in Canada.
Tags: British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program BC PNP Provincial Nominee Program PNP Canadian Permanent Residence Canadian Immigration Entry Level Semi-Skilled Worker Category of the British Columbia PNP