Loss of Temporary Status in Canada Video

Posted in Canadian Immigration Videos

Has your Work Permit, Study Permit or Visitor Visa expired? If so, it means your status in Canada has expired and you need to file for an extension or restore your status in Canada. Watch our video to learn what steps you should take next to remain in Canada.

Loss of Temporary Status in Canada

Do you have loss of temporary status and not sure whether to apply for an extension or restore your status? An extension is for persons that have temporary status in Canada such as student, foreign workers or visitors and like to extend their stay in Canada. To do an extension on the application, you should file the extension 30 days before expiration of status. The reason you have to do it 30 days in advance to give the immigration officer to review your application and make its decision whether to extend it or refuse it. When extending your stay you still have to meet the requirements for that application, for example, if you are extending your stay as a student you still have to have the offer of acceptance or a letter from your school then you are moving to your second year or whatever the reason may be. Until you do not get a decision on your application you cannot study or work in Canada but you can remain in Canada, your status is known as implied status, meaning you are waiting for a decision on your application. Extensions are only filed from within Canada and if you exit Canada and enter back you have to file for new extension application, so do not exit while your application is in processing.

If you came as a visitor, worker or student and have lost status, you can apply to restore your status as temporary resident. This can be done as long as you have not been out of status for more than 90 days and you have not failed to comply with the conditions on your work, study permit or visitor status. So while you are in implied status you cannot work or study until or exit the country until you get a decision on your application. Restoration fees are $200 CAD, if you require study or work permit then you must pay the processing fees for each permit.

If you like to extend or restore your status in Canada then contact Akrami & Associates today to determine your eligibility.

With Akrami & Associates there is always a way!!


If you like this video please subscribe to our channel!

We hope you enjoy the video!

For more information on Canadian Immigration and many other immigration matters, check out our site:



or Call us at

416-477-2545 | 1-877-820-7121

416 477 2570 | 1 877 622 8182

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Tags: How to restore my status in Canada Canada Work Permit Extensions where to file my temporary stay in Canada Who can extend their stay in Canada How to extend my stay as visitor in Canada How to extend my canada work permit How to extend my study permit How to extend my stay in Canada Loss of temporary status in Canada Loss of Status in Canada Canada Study Permit Extensions Immigration Canada Videos Canadian Immigration Analysis Canadian Immigration

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here