Subsection A25(1) provides the flexibility to grant exemptions to overcome the requirement of obtaining a permanent residence visa from abroad, to overcome class eligibility requirements and/or inadmissibilities on Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds.
If this is your situation, you may base your requests for H&C consideration on any number of factors including, but not limited to:
- establishment in Canada;
- ties to Canada;
- the best interests of any children affected by their application;
- factors in your country of origin include but are not limited to Medical inadequacies, discrimination that does not amount to persecution and harassment
- health considerations;
- family violence considerations;
- consequences of the separation of relatives;
- inability to leave Canada has led to the establishment; and/or
- any other relevant factor they wish to have considered
The assessment of hardship in an H&C application is a means by which CIC decision-makers determine whether there are sufficient H&C grounds to justify granting the requested exemption.