Nowadays, there are many hardworking and mature kids who wish to go abroad to study. If you want to come to Canada to study, you will need a study permit. Besides a Study Permit, you may also need a visa, depending on your home country. Here are some basic requirements which you will need to complete in order to study in a Canadian school.
Prepare to study
In order to be taken into consideration, a school needs to accept you first. You will need proper documentation. What is considered by “proper documentation”?
- evidence of acceptance (in school/college/university)
- evidence of identity
- evidence of financial backup
- Depending on your country, you may need to provide additional information while applying for a study permit.
Evidence of acceptance
The school you apply to will provide you a letter of acceptance. This letter is essential to your Study Permit application.
Evidence of identity
- You have to provide a proper travel document such as your passport.
- You also need 2 passport-size photos. Note that some visa offices require more. On each photo’s backside you should write your name and your date of birth.
Evidence of financial backup
You need to prove that you have enough money for your stay in Canada. Bank statements, letters from individuals who will be supporting your stay in Canada, and investments are just some of the example documents you can include in your application.