Apply for the Off-Campus Work Permit
The off-campus work permit is an exclusive program in Canada which is designed for students studying in Canada from abroad. The off-campus work permit will allow the abroad student to work off the campus while studying in Canada.
Qualifications for the off-campus work permit:
In order to get qualified for the off-campus work permit, the following are the basic requirements:
- The student must be enrolled as a full-time student in a publicly funded post-secondary institution or
- The student must be enrolled as a full-time student in an approved program at an eligible education institution which is funded privately.
More details on the off-campus work permit:
The off-campus work permit will give you the authorization to work up to twenty hours per week. This limit is only on regular working academic sessions. The applicant can work full time if he gets a scheduled academic break like winter holidays and summer holidays or spring break. You should remember that a work permit will not guarantee any job in Canada. Even when you work off campus, your main reason to stay in Canada should still be education.
Determining your eligibility for the off-campus work permit:
- Possess a study permit
- Should be studying at a participating and eligible institution
- Should have been a full-time enrolled student and should be in education for at least 6 months out of twelve months.
- Should have satisfying academic results
Non-eligibility factors for off-campus work permits are the following:
- If the applicant is a visiting or exchange student
- If registered in an academic program with English or French as a second language.
- If the applicant is a participant in DFAIT.
- If participating in Canadian and China, scholars exchange program
- If the applicant is a participant in an American state fellowship program.
- If the applicant is receiving funds from CIDA.
We can Help You!
We have dealt with hundreds of immigration cases. We have helped our clients in their difficult situations and have guided them to draft a more effective application. We can help you draft your application and arrange the required documents. A well-planned and complete application will increase your likelihood of acceptance and will save you from hassle.