Conjugal Partner Sponsorship Canada
Conjugal Sponsorship In Canada
The conjugal sponsorship category is a testament to Canada's commitment of understanding and consideration when it comes to family unification. Eligible permanent residents and Canadian citizens who qualify to sponsor a Conjugal Partner may facilitate their conjugal partner for permanent resident status.
In Order To Qualify As A Conjugal Sponsor You Must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a Canadian citizen, Registered Indian or permanent resident
- Be sponsoring a member of the family Class
- Live in Canada or provide evidence, if you are a Canadian citizen living outside of Canada, that you will live in Canada once the person you are sponsoring becomes a permanent resident
- Sign an agreement with your conjugal partner confirming that each of you understands your obligations and responsibilities
- Sign an undertaking promising to provide for your conjugal partner's basic requirements and, if applicable, those of his or her dependent children
Conjugal Sponsorship Undertaking
When you agree to be a sponsor, you must sign a contract called an undertaking with the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration. The undertaking is a promise to provide financial support for your conjugal partner's basic requirements and those of his or her dependent children. This also includes other health care not provided by public health, such as eye and dental care. The undertaking ensures that these persons and their family members do not have to apply for social assistance. Its length varies according to their age and their relationship to you.
Conjugal Sponsorship Other Factors That You Should Consider:
- Demonstrate the genuineness of your relationship
- That you have existed in a marriage like commitment and
- For extenuating reasons beyond your control, you are unable to marry or cohabit for 12 months
This situation goes beyond simply having a physical relationship. People in a valid conjugal relationship are in a marriage like commitment but are separated for reasons outside their ability to control. The reasons may be government or religious persecution or unsafe environments like a country at war. Essentially, this couple would be in a spousal or common law relationship if not for these circumstances.
If you have made unsuccessful attempts at bringing your partner to Canada and you are unable to travel to their country, you may qualify. Contact us for further information. If this route does not work for you, we will certainly discuss other options that may be available to you.
We Can Help You With Conjugal Sponsorship!
We have dealt with hundreds of immigration cases. We have helped our clients in their difficult situations and have guided them to draft a more effective application. We can help you draft your application and arrange the required documents. A well-planned and complete application will increase your likelihood of acceptance and will save your from hassle.
If you are worried about the legal fees – Don't be! Our goal is to help everyone that is interested in immigrating to Canada. Contact us and we can provide numerous options for you. You can also purchase our very affordable Do it Yourself Immigration Kit which details everything for you. If you are still not sure, feel free to get back to us. We will review your case before you submit it to give you the best possible outcome.