Denied Entry to Canada for DUI or Other Criminal Offenses

Posted in Denied Entry to Canada

Denied Entry to Canada for DUI or DWI

Many people travelling to Canada face issues of inadmissibility. Sometimes, these unsuspecting travellers are caught off guard when they are denied entry as they had no idea that they were considered inadmissible because of their previous criminal offense.

If you have been recently denied entry or have a criminal background, you too are technically considered inadmissible to Canada and an Officer at the Port of Entry does have the ability to refuse or deny you entry based on this history.

American Denied Entry to Canada

Are you an American who was recently refused entry into Canada while attempting to cross the border? and were told you are  "inadmissible for criminality" and that you were "not allowed to enter Canada for 1,2, 3, 4, or even up to ten years?"

Denied entry to Canada and TRP

Regardless if your offense was a DUI or a charge of disorderly conduct, regardless of whether it happened 3 months or 30 years ago – having a criminal history can be a serious impediment to travelling to Canada. This applies to all travellers, including those coming from the United States. Many American's are flabbergasted at the fact that they are being refused or denied entry to Canada for a misdemeanor that happened ages ago. Some common offenses that we have dealt with in the past include:

  • Driving Under the Influence (DUI);
  • Driving While Intoxicated (DWI);
  • Assault;
  • Possession of a controlled substance;
  • Trafficking;
  • Fraud;
  • Theft; and the list grows on a daily basis.

These individuals contact us because they have a need to travel to Canada and feel that, though they may have made mistakes in the past, they are in the past and are simply trying to move forward with their lives.

If you have been denied entry, refused at the port of entry, have a criminality or any other inadmissibility issue; contact us. You have options available to you.

Denied Entry into Canada? Your Options TRP

The first step to determining your options is to sort out whether or not you will need a Temporary Resident Permit and if you qualify for an Application for Criminal Rehabilitation. A Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) is a temporary status document that will allow you to overcome your inadmissibility issue for a predetermined amount of time. They TRP can help accommodate urgent travel should you face an immediate need to enter Canada. An Application for Criminal Rehabilitation, on the other hand, is a permanent way of overcoming criminal inadmissibility. This means that if you are successful in an Application for Criminal Rehabilitation, you will never again be considered inadmissible to Canada for reasons of criminality… provided you do not reoffend after the fact.

How We Can Help with Temporary Resident Permit

Depending on the nature of the offense, when the offense occurred and when all sentencing has been served will determine whether or not you qualify for Criminal Rehabilitation. However, the Temporary Resident Permit is always a viable.

Once your qualifications have been determined, we will proceed to:

  • Outline and assist in gathering the necessary documents;
  • Draft relevant supporting documents;
  • Include our legal arguments as to why you should be approved;
  • Compile a strong application with the highest chance for success; and
  • Prepare you for any urgent travel you may have and potentially obtain status for you on the spot!

If you have an urgent travel need, it is possible to obtain a Temporary Resident Permit on the spot by making an in person application. Feel free to contact us if this applies to you.

Understanding the Process of Temporary Resident Permi

If you have a criminality, like a DUI or other offense, obtaining your Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) and/or Criminal Rehabilitation is not something that is easily done on your own. There are a number of different factors you will need to demonstrate and a great deal of information you will need to provide.

Aside from demonstrating completion of sentencing, equating the foreign offense to Canadian law, demonstrating your good character and your reason for entry; you will also need to convince an officer that you are a low risk traveller and will exit Canada at the end of you authorized period of stay.

American who was recently refused entry into Canada

We, at Akrami & Associates, appreciate your needs and are committed to helping you achieve your goals. Whatever your history, whatever you travel need, whatever your unique circumstance; with Akrami & Associates… There is always a way!

Tags: American Denied Entry to Canada Denied Entry to Canada for DUI Refused Entry To Canada DUI Denied entry to Canada

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here