Family Class Sponsorship

Posted in Family Class Sponsorship

The Family Class Sponsorship application is available if you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident living in Canada, and you want to sponsor close family members living abroad, including:

Spousal Sponsorship:

If you are a Permanent Resident of Canada or a Canadian citizen, you are eligible to sponsor your spouse to Canada. You will need to provide strong documentation with respect to the genuineness of your relationship. You can file an inland or overseas Spousal Sponsorship application. Depending on your circumstances, you should consider the differences of both applications so that you can determine which option best suits your circumstances.

Common Law Sponsorship:

If you have been living together in a conjugal relationship for at least one year in an ongoing 12-month period (you are allowed short absences for business travel or family reasons) then you may be eligible to sponsor your common law partner.

Conjugal Sponsorship:

This category is for partners either of the opposite sex or same sex in situations beyond their control that keep them from living together so they would count as common-law partners or spouses. A conjugal relationship is more than a physical relationship. It means you depend on each other, there is some permanence to the relationship, and there is the same level of commitment as a marriage or a common-law partnership.

Provincial Family Class Sponsorship:

Many Provincial Nomination Programs (PNPs) have Family Class sponsorship categories. This is a separate category federal sponsorship. If you are a resident of any of these provinces then you may be eligible to sponsor your family members.

Parental Sponsorship:

Another option is the Parent and Grandparent sponsorship. Citizenship and Immigration Canada will re-open the Parent and Grandparent (PGP) program for new applications on January 2, 2015, by which time the backlog and wait times in the program are expected to have been cut in half.

Dependent Child and other Sponsorship:

Dependent children may be eligible to come to Canada in order to reside with their parent(s). You may also be eligible to sponsor your brother, sister, niece grandchildren etc.

Contact Us

For further information with respect to your Canadian immigration, we invite you to contact our experienced immigration representatives. 

Tags: Family Class Sponsorship Canadian Permanent Residence Canadian Immigration

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here