Do I qualify to immigrate to Canada as a skilled trades person?
In order to qualify for skilled trades application in Canada you must meet the following basic criteria:
- Plan to live outside the province of Quebec, as they have their own unique type of skilled trades application
- Have relevant work experience in a skilled trade within five years before you apply
- Me all the job requirements for that skilled trade as set up by the national occupational classification matrix
- Have an offer full time employment for total. At least one year or certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a provincial or territorial body
What experience do I need to be considered a skilled trade worker in Canada?
In order to meet the minimum a experience required for this type of application you'll need to have at least two years of full time work experience or an equal amount of part time work experience in a skilled trade. Full-time means at least 30 hours of work over a period of one week, or an equal amount in part time, paid work experience. For example if you worked 50 hours per week and one job over four years or if you have with a total of 30 combined hours per week in more than one job over two years; you made still qualify.
What documents do I need to submit for a skilled trades application in Canada?
In order submit the right documentation for the set of application you'll need to satisfy an officer that you meet the criteria as a skilled trades person in Canada. You'll need to provide documentation that:
- Demonstrates into the place of residence in Canada
- You have sufficient working language skills in either English or French in the categories of speaking, reading, writing and listening
- Documentation that demonstrates your work experience which must be at least two years in length as either full-time or a combination approval and of part time in a skilled trade within the last five years before you applied
- Certification a licensing, should be required, for the skilled trade as well as documentation that demonstrates Simi all other qualifications for the position
- Documentation that demonstrates an offer full time employment for total. At least one year. This is typically done in the form of an employment contract or letter of employment
What is considered a skilled trade in Canada?
Skilled trades that are eligible for the Federal skilled trades person application are organized into three main categories of the national occupational codex:
- Industrial, electrical and construction trades
- Meet names and equipment operation trades
- Supervisors and technical jobs in actual resources, agricultural and related production
- Processing, manufacturing and utility supervisors and center control operators
These are considered to be the major categories and are still divided into various different occupations. You'll need to review these applications are based on your duties to determine which national occupational codex coal would best suit the intended position in Canada.
Will I need to do a language test for a skilled trades application?
You will be required to take a language test to demonstrate that you meet the minimum requirements in English or French for each of the four language abilities: reading, writing, speaking and listening.
To do this you must take in English or French language test were organization approved by citizenship and immigration Canada. You'll include this test with your application.
Contact Akrami & Associates Immigration Law firm1-416-477-2545
For further information with respect to your Canadian immigration, we invite you to contact our experienced immigration representatives.