Hire Caregiver to Canada

I want to hire a Caregiver to Canada

Looking to hire a caregiver for your children but can’t find any in Canada? If this is the case you do not need to stress just yet, you may be eligible to hire a foreign caregiver. The in-home care giver program is a special unique program all on its own which is run by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). The actual process of hiring a care giver is a very lengthy and tedious one. If you are planning on hiring a caregiver we urge you to call us, the legal experts/consultants at Akrami & Associates, to increase your success rate and educate you on the grounds of your case.

Are you Eligible to apply for a Caregiver in Canada?

In order to be able to hire a caregiver to Canada, there are a variety of requirements you have to meet. Some of the requirements are that you must receive a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), be able to read, speak, and comprehend English and/or French, you must have a signed written contract with the future employer, and lastly you must acquire a Work Permit before entering Canada. An LMIA consists of various questions that prove that you got the job from the employer. An employer must prove to the government and/or officer(s) that they reached out to Canadian citizens and landed immigrants to apply for the job first, and since no one applied, they are now hiring foreign workers.

What is a Caregiver?

There are essentially 2 types of caregivers in Canada. The first type is caregivers for children (also known as nannies), and the second type of caregiver is caregivers providing high medical needs services. Each of these two types of caregivers requires different educational backgrounds. For the nanny requirements, you must have a minimum of two years of Canadian work experience as a home childcare provider, a work permit that is valid and a one year completed Canadian post-secondary credential or equivalent foreign credential. for caregivers providing high medical needs services, a minimum of two years of Canadian work experience as a registered nurse, registered psychiatric nurse, licensed practical nurse, nurse aide, orderly, patient service associate, home support worker or other similar occupation, with a work permit; and a one-year completed Canadian post-secondary credential, or equivalent foreign credential.

Responsibility of Employer when hiring Caregiver to Canada

When you choose to hire a foreign Live-in Caregiver, you are taking on a lot of responsibility and need to ensure that you meet the requirements to be able to do so in the first place. The requirements include that you must include sufficient evidence/proof that you have attempted to recruit and fill your job position with an actual Canadian citizen or permanent resident. You also must prove that you have a sufficient amount of income to pay them. Between you and the caregiver, you both have to write and sign a contract that you both agree too. If you have any questions regarding what needs to be included in the contract, please feel free to contact Akrami & Associates today for us to explain everything to you. Some things you should include in your contract include the payment for your caregiver’s transportation to Canada, any medical insurance coverage, workplace safety insurance coverage during the time period of the employment, be sure to include the payments of all your recruitment fees, the hours of work, wage amount, holiday and sick leaves etc.

Employers cannot put a Live-in Caregiver in their job posting requirements because employers are not allowed to force an individual to live in their home. However, if the employer and the caregiver both decide that a live-in caregiver is desirable and more convenient; there are certain criteria that must be met. If you find yourself in this situation, please contact one of our legal representatives today to discuss your issue/matter. Once both parties have an employment agreement, the employer must submit it along with the application for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). A Labour Market Impact Assessmentbasically provides the officer with evidence that you have attempted to recruit Canadian citizens/permanent residence for your job position however were unsuccessful and now you are reaching outside of your country in order to recruit workers willing to work for you.

When can I apply for Permanent Residence as Live in Caregiver?

As Live in Caregiver you can apply for Permanent Residence (PR) after you have completed 24 months of authorized full-time employment that ranges around a total of 3,900 hours of authorized full-time employment. So when you arrive as a Live in Caregiver in Canada you need to complete the application within four years of your arrival to Canada. Ensure that you include all your family members in the application for permanent residence status as you will not get a second chance to add them in your application to sponsor them. Your family members’ application for Permanent Residence will be processed at the same time as the caregiver. The family members living abroad will not get their papers to come to Canada until the caregiver receives his or her Permanent Residence status. With any PR application you must pass criminal record and health checks to be eligible for PR.

Do I need Electronic Travel Authorization eTA?

If you come from visa exempt country and travelling by air or transiting through Canada you require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). An eTA is electronically linked to the traveler’s passport and is valid for five years or whenever the expiry date for your passport is. Applications for eTA are fairly simple and are usually done online on the CIC website, in most cases the authorization will be issued right away as soon as you submit the eTA application form online. If you need an eTA, it is recommended that you apply for it when you plan your trip because as soon as you apply for one, the better. If you wait to get an eTA until you are ready to travel, basically leaving it until last minute, you may potentially not get an approved eTA due to a health or criminal inadmissibility you may have. The eTA is a requirement because it will check if you have health or criminal offence on record, should you have a criminal record then unfortunately you cannot travel until it is taken care of. Depending on your situation you have to apply for Temporary Resident Permit (TRP), Criminal Rehabilitation or Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC). If your eTA is not approved contact Akrami & Associates and one of immigration experts will see how we can assist you. Remember you must travel to Canada with the passport you used to get your eTA. If you have a family of three, you must complete and submit the form three times so that each person in the family is issued a valid eTA.

Need help with Live in Caregiver Application? Contact Akrami & Associates

If you are looking to hire a caregiver to Canada and think that you have done absolutely everything to recruit them to Canada but were unsuccessful or you have no idea where to start from then please do not give up yet. At Akrami and Associates our staff is very experienced and educated on the topic and would be more than happy to assist you with your matter. Remember, no matter how big or how small your case may be in your eyes, there is always a way with Akrami & Associates.

With Akrami & Associates there is always a way!!

Latest Immigrations News

  • April 10, 2024

    Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC)

    Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC) Have you ever received a departure, deportation, or exclusion order? If you've been subject to a removal order from Canada, you may require an Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC) for your return. The necessity of an Authorization to Return to Canada [...]

  • April 2, 2024

    PR – Self Employed

    PR - Self Employed The PR - Self-Employed Persons Program enables individuals to obtain permanent residency in Canada as self-employed individuals. To qualify for this program, applicants must possess pertinent experience in cultural activities or athletics and demonstrate a readiness and capability to make a substantial contribution to [...]

  • April 1, 2024

    Sponsorship Appeal

    Sponsorship Appeal If your family member's application for a permanent residence visa was denied after sponsorship, you have the option to appeal to the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD). This appeal allows you to present arguments as to why the visa application should be approved, commonly referred to as [...]

Consultation icon

Book a Conslutation

One of our Representatives will
assist you with your matter. Book Now!
Click here

Call us icon

Call us for
more Information

Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121
Click here

Write Us (Online Form)

Complete our form and one of our
Representatives will contact you.
Click here

Akrami & Associates logo element small

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Akrami & Associates logo element

There is always a way