Giovanni Blog

Giovanni Blog about Canadian Immigration matters.

AINP: Strategic Recruitment Stream - Post-Graduate Worker

AINP: Strategic Recruitment Stream - Post-Graduate Worker

Post-Graduate Worker Category applies to individuals who have graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution in Alberta and are currently working in the province.

You are eligible if

  • you clearly show that you are able and intend to live permanently in Alberta
  • at the time of application, you are working full-time in Alberta for an Alberta employer
    • an Alberta employer is, by definition, ‘incorporated or registered by or under an act of legislature of a province or the Parliament of Canada and operating a business that has an established production capability, plant, or place of business in Alberta’.
  • you have already obtained a certificate, diploma, degree, or have completed a graduate level program from one of the AINP approved Alberta public and private post-secondary schools > (
  • you must have completed a program with a study period of at least one year
  • you must have a valid Post-Graduation Work Permit
  • you must be employed in either NOC 0, NOC A, NOC B, or NOC C skill level occupation
    • some occupations are not eligible >
    • if you are employed under a NOC C skill level occupation, you must submit official test results showing that you meet the minimum language standards. Tests may not be more than two years old. Accepted Tests are:
      • Canadian English Language and Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP)
        • if completed on or before March 31, 2014, minimum scores must be;
          • Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking must all be at least 2H
        • if completed on or after April 1, 2014, minimum scores must be;
          • Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking must all be at least 4
      • International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
        • Listenting: 4.5, Reading: 3.5, Writing: 4, Speaking: 4
      • Test d’Evaluation de Francais (TEF)
        • Listening: 145 , Reading: 121 , Writing: 181 , Speaking: 181

You are not eligible if

  • you are not working in a compulsory or optional trade in Alberta
  • if you are a refugee claimant, or are involved in a federal appeal or removal process
  • if you are a live-in care-giver who is currently living in Canada
  • if you are a Temporary Foreign Worker, who is working and residing within a different province other than Alberta

If you are interested in applying through this route, contact us today! At Akrami & Associates, there is Always a Way!

How to Receive a Work Permit for your Occupation
How Do I Obtain A Study Permit For Canada?

Related Posts


By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here