Giovanni Blog

Giovanni Blog about Canadian Immigration matters.

Medical Examination for Permanent Resident

If you want to settle in Canada permanently, you have to go through a medical examination. Medical examination scan also support the determination of medical inadmissibility if you have serious health issues.

Your dependents also have to go through medical examination, even though they are not coming with you.

Medical Exams must be conducted by a Panel Physician. You can find a Panel Physician in your home country by consulting the online Citizenship and Immigration Canada source.

You will need to book an appointment in advance. The Panel Physician will do complete medical exam and then he or she will send your chest x-ray and laboratory tests, which includes blood test and urine tests, directly to Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

Once your medical examination has completed, the Panel Physician will send your reports to CIC and the Panel Physician will not disclose the results to you. The visa officer will make the final decision on it and if he or she sees any problem, they will inform you in writing.

You can have your medical examination completed before you apply or upon request.

If you have questions about the medical or are concerned about medical inadmissibility, contact as and we would be glad to address your concerns.

Do I qualify for Study Permit?
What Is A Visitor Visa?

Related Posts


By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here