Requirements For Parental Sponsorship
The Canadian government allows Canadian citizens and permanent residence to sponsor their parents and grandparents as immigrants. If you are sponsoring your parents or grandparents, then you also have to support them after they arrive in Canada.
Before you apply for parental sponsorship, you have to know whether you are qualified.
These are some of the requirements for parental sponsorship:
- If you want to sponsor your parents or grandparents, you have be 18 years of age or older
- You have to be a Canadian citizen, registered Indian or permanent residents
- If you want to sponsor your parents or grandparents, then you must live in Canada. Meaning, you cannot be outside of Canada
- You have to sign an undertaking promising that you will provide basic needs to the person whom you are sponsoring. When you sign an undertaking for parental sponsorship then it will be valid for the next 20 years
- You can sign an agreement with a person whom you are sponsoring for the confirmation that you both understand your responsibilities and obligations regarding sponsorship
- You also have to show prove of your income. You need to show 3 years of your Notice of Assessment confirming that you meet the Low Income Requirement (LICO)
If you have a further questions regarding the requirements of parental sponsorship, please feel free to call us! At Akrami & Associates there is Always a Way!