Giovanni Blog

Giovanni Blog about Canadian Immigration matters.

Study Permits Requirements

Study Permits Requirements

So you wish to enroll in a Canadian school. You might be wondering what you need to do in order to legally study in Canada. If you wish to study for a period longer than six months, a study permit will be required.

There are three crucial documents you must submit with your application in order to successfully obtain your Study Permit. The three documents are,

  • An acceptance letter from the institution you enrolled in
  • Valid identification to verify that you are who you are
  • Proof that you have the necessary amount of money to support yourself and your family members (if any family members are accompanying you)

I will now briefly provide further information relevant to the documentation that needs to be submitted with your application.

The acceptance letter mentioned above must be from a Designated Learning Institution. This rule was implemented for those applying for a study permit on or after June 1, 2014. To see what an acceptance letter should include, a guideline can be found on Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

Proving your identity should be a simple task. You will need to be able to present a valid passport as well as two passport-sized photo of yourself and any family members joining you. The photos must have been taken recently.

In terms of proof regarding your funds, it is crucial to first and foremost gather the amount of funds required to meet the standard minimum to cover your tuition, accommodations, and means to travel back to your home country. If you have members of your family joining you, the threshold minimum will increase. Once you have gathered your funds, you will then provide any documents that will prove this to a visa officer.

It is important to understand that these are the formal requirements that you must achieve. The visa officer may request further documents, an interview, or anything else that will assist them with their decision.

If you require additional information regarding the process and what documents you should prepare for your application, contact Akrami & Associates and we will be with you every step of the way.

Canada Border Crossing Requirements
Can I Enter Canada If I Have A DUI?

Related Posts


By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here