Canadian Immigration Blogs

Read blogs about Canada, Immigration Canada, and how to come to Canada.

Attracting Immigrants to Rural Areas of Canada

Attracting Immigrants to Rural Areas of Canada

Like to immigrate to Canada?

When you think of Canada what do you think of? It is highly likely to think of one of a major city such as Toronto or Vancouver. In Canada, we are multicultural and embrace that aspect of our country. Recently, it has become a recurring issue that many newcomers, when immigrating to Canada, decide to reside in the major cities of the country such as Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal and/or Edmonton. This has become a major problem for the Canadian economy. In order to keep Canada’s economy growing, we need to distribute immigrants across the country evenly so that we have more young adults. Canada requires young people in its economy because our current economy is growing but also at the same time aging. Due to this conflict, more and more immigrants’ mindsets are focused and set on living in one particular popular urban city in Canada. Many of these immigrants are blind sighted towards the more rural parts that Canada has to offer. In the long run, having foreign immigrants reside in only major cities will be very crucial for our country.

Why you should move to Rural Areas of Canada

In order to solve this problem, many rural cities have established ways of possibly changing this trend. One rural city in particular, Morden (in Manitoba) is using the MCDII method to attract foreign immigrants to their small town of 9,000 people. MCDII is the connotation for Morden community Driven Immigration Initiative. The Morden Community Driven Immigration Initiative is, likewise its name, an initiative/movement in attracting newcomers to their small town. In order to make sure the newcomers remain in Morden, they have to meet specific requirements when choosing to reside there. Some of the requirements to reside in Morden include that the immigrating individual(s) must have at least a one year full-time or equivalent paid work experience in the previous 10 years as a skilled worker or they must qualify for an arranged employment in Canada with a Labour Market Impact Assessment. A Labour Market Impact Assessment, also known in short for LMIA, is an application that an eligible employer has to complete if they want/need to hire a foreign employee/worker. The possible employee is required to pass a minimum requirement of the capability to speak one of Canada's official languages, English or French. An LMIA is quite pricey, but if completed correctly and successfully, it will be completely worth it in the end.

Continue reading
  3679 Hits
3679 Hits
Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here