Giovanni Blog

Giovanni Blog about Canadian Immigration matters.

Things You Need to Apply for TRP at Canadian Border

Things You Need to Apply for TRP at Canadian Border

If you know that you are inadmissible, or you have been denied entry into Canada due to inadmissibility before, you may wish to apply for a Temporary Resident Permit that will override your inadmissibility and allow you to temporarily enter Canada.

There are two ways for you to apply for a Temporary Resident Permit. You can either make an application to a Canadian Consulate in your country or region, or you can apply directly at a Canadian border.

If you have an urgent need to enter Canada, applying at a Canadian border would be your best option. This is usually not recommended if you have time to apply to a Canadian Consulate, as it presents the risk of being denied after having to waste time and money to get to a Canadian border.

When you arrive at a Canadian border with the intention of applying for a Temporary Resident Permit, there are some things you will need to bring with you. This includes,

  • A complete application with supporting documentation, this can be documents that show,

o Why you were denied

o Why you think you should be allowed to enter Canada

  • Materials that will show why you need to enter Canada, this can be,

o Letters from employers proving that you need to attend an important conference

o Any documentation that will show you are seeing a family member that is ill

  • A valid passport or authorized identification (ex. Enhanced Driver’s License)
  • Money for your stay

It is important to know that your responsibility is to prove that you do not really present a risk to Canada that is great enough to deny you temporary access into Canada. Any documentation you can provide that will establish this purpose will be beneficial to you.

If you require further assistance or you are still unsure of what documents you will need to gather in order for a successful application, at Akrami & Associates, one of our legal professionals can be of assistance to you. Call us today and find out how we can help.

What happens after the sponsored party enters Cana...
Medical Inadmissibility

Related Posts


By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here