Become a Live-in Caregiver
To be considered under the Live-in Caregiver Program, you must meet the basic requirements. The below are some of the basic requirements which must be met:
- you have submitted an application to remain in Canada as a permanent resident;
- you are a temporary resident;
- you hold a valid work permit as a live-in caregiver;
- you entered Canada as a live-in caregiver and have provided acceptable proof of having worked full-time as a live-in caregiver for a total of 24 months or a total of 3,900 hours in a minimum of 22 months within the four years immediately following your entry into Canada under the LCP;
- you have resided in a private household in Canada while working as a live-in caregiver;
- you have provided, without supervision, child care, senior home support care, or care of a disabled person in that household;
- you are not, and none of your family members are, the subject of an enforceable removal order or an admissibility hearing under the Act or an appeal or application for judicial review arising from from such a hearing;
- you did not enter Canada as a live-in caregiver as a result of a misrepresentation concerning your education, training or experience; and
- where you intend to reside in the province of Quebec, the competent authority of that province is of the opinion that you meet the selection criteria of the province
A live-in caregiver is not eligible for permanent residence if their spouse or common-law partner is a refugee claimant, or has appealed or sought judicial review.
Misrepresentation of education, training or experience could include misrepresentation by another person as well as by the applicant.
We can Help You With Your Cive-in Caregiver Application!
We have dealt with hundreds of immigration cases. We have helped our clients in their difficult situations and have guided them to draft a more effective application. We can help you draft your application and arrange the required documents. A well-planned and complete application will increase your likelihood of acceptance and will save your from hassle.
Do it Yourself Immigration Kit
If you are worried about the legal fees – Don't be! Our goal is to help everyone that is interested in immigrating to Canada. Contact us and we can provide numerous options for you. You can also purchase our very affordable Immigration Kit which details everything for you. If you are still not sure, feel free to get back to us. We will review your case before you submit it to give you the best possible outcome.