Live in Caregivers

Posted in Live In Caregiver Work Permit

Live in Caregivers in Canada

Live-in caregivers are those who are qualified to provide care to children, elderly persons or persons with disability without requiring supervision. Live-in Caregivers are also required to reside in the home where they work. Both the employer and the employee must follow several steps to meet the requirements of this program.

In order to qualify, you will require the following:

  1. A positive Labour Market Opinion from an employer in Canada: your employer must first have the job offer reviewed and receive a positive Labour Market Opinion prior to offering the position to you
  1. A written contract signed by you and your employer: You and your employer or legally obligated to sign a written contract to be provided with your application. This will ensure a fair working arrangement for you and your employer.
  1. Meet educational requirements: You will have to demonstrate the successful completion of the equivalent of a Canadian secondary school diploma.
  1. Work Experience: You will need to have worked at least on year, including at least six months of continuous employment for the same employer that is comparable to your intended work as a live-in caregiver in Canada. This experience needs to have been acquired within the three years prior to your application.
  1. Language Requirements: You must be able to speak, read and understand either English or French and be able to have functional command of the language in order to be able to work successfully in your employer's home.
  1. Status Prior to Entry: You will need to make your application outside of Canada, if you are successful you will receive a letter notifying you of this from Citizenship and Immigration Canada. Only at this point will you be allowed to enter and receive your work permit in Canada.

Some people are inadmissible–they are not allowed to come to Canada. Several things can make you inadmissible, including involvement in criminal activity, in human rights violations or in organized crime. If you are considered inadmissible to Canada, you may require further documentation to allow entry into the country.

Tags: live-in Caregiver work permit Work Permit Canadian Temporary Residence Canadian Immigration Live in Caregivers

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here