Applying for an Off Campus Work Permit Tips
When Citizenship and Immigration Canada announced the off campus work permit, may students took a sigh of relief. This program allows students to earn a living and valuable work experience while they study in Canada. It is also an extremely viable way to offset the costs of being a student. To qualify, you basically need to demonstrate your full time enrollment and be a student in good standing. Aside from this, you will also need to demonstrate your basic information as well as meeting other basic criteria for a work permit.
Akrami & Associates can help you with his and guide you every step of the way. Contact us for more details!
If you intend to submit an off campus work permit application without the support of a legal representative, here are some things you should keep in mind when submitting your application:
To keep your work permit, you must remain a full-time student at a participating institution and continue to obtain satisfactory academic results. If you are no longer a full-time student, if you move to a non-participating institution, or if you do not maintain satisfactory academic results,you must return your work permit immediately to a local CIC office .
It is illegal for you to work in Canada with an invalid work permit. The work permit will be invalid if you do not meet the eligibility requirements of the Off-Campus Work Permit Program.
Students are not eligible under the program if they:
- held an Off-Campus Work Permit before but did not stay eligible under the program and did not follow the terms and conditions of their work or study permit,
- have a full or partial scholarship or award from
- the Canadian CommonwealthScholarshipPlan,
- the Government of Canada Awards Program funded by Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada (DFATD), or
- an award or internship program funded by DFATD,
- have taken part in or received
- the Equal Opportunities Scholarship Program, Canada-Chile,
- Canada-China Scholars' Exchange Program or
- the Organization of American States Fellowships Program,
- are registered in programs made up mostly or only of ESL/FSL study, or
- have finished studying and are no longer full-time students.
Tags: Off-Campus Work Permit Work Permit Canadian Temporary Residence Canadian Immigration Applying for an Off Campus Work Permit Tips