Applying for an Off Campus Work Permit Tips

Posted in Off Campus Work Permit

When Citizenship and Immigration Canada announced the off campus work permit, may students took a sigh of relief. This program allows students to earn a living and valuable work experience while they study in Canada. It is also an extremely viable way to offset the costs of being a student. To qualify, you basically need to demonstrate your full time enrollment and be a student in good standing. Aside from this, you will also need to demonstrate your basic information as well as meeting other basic criteria for a work permit.

Akrami & Associates can help you with his and guide you every step of the way. Contact us for more details!

If you intend to submit an off campus work permit application without the support of a legal representative, here are some things you should keep in mind when submitting your application:

Maintaining Eligibility

To keep your work permit, you must remain a full-time student at a participating institution and continue to obtain satisfactory academic results. If you are no longer a full-time student, if you move to a non-participating institution, or if you do not maintain satisfactory academic results,you must return your work permit immediately to a local CIC office .

It is illegal for you to work in Canada with an invalid work permit. The work permit will be invalid if you do not meet the eligibility requirements of the Off-Campus Work Permit Program.


Students are not eligible under the program if they:

  • held an Off-Campus Work Permit before but did not stay eligible under the program and did not follow the terms and conditions of their work or study permit,
  • have a full or partial scholarship or award from
  • the Canadian CommonwealthScholarshipPlan,
  • the Government of Canada Awards Program funded by Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada (DFATD), or
  • an award or internship program funded by DFATD,
  • have taken part in or received
  • the Equal Opportunities Scholarship Program, Canada-Chile,
  • Canada-China Scholars' Exchange Program or
  • the Organization of American States Fellowships Program,
  • are registered in programs made up mostly or only of ESL/FSL study, or
  • have finished studying and are no longer full-time students.

Tags: Off-Campus Work Permit Work Permit Canadian Temporary Residence Canadian Immigration Applying for an Off Campus Work Permit Tips

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our immigration specialists will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our immigration specialist will contact you. Click here

  • Reviews

    Fantastic news, I entered Canada without a hitch. Once the guard at the border saw the package you had prepared for me, he took about ten minutes and handed me my permit. What I relief! I don’t know why I ever tried this without you guys! Thank you!

    Paul R. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    Shabnam, I wanted to personally thank you for all your hard work and dedication to me and my wife. Our new lives together are all thanks to you. Considering the unique circumstances that initially prevented her, I had lost hope. I will make sure that if anyone I know needs immigration help, I will be sending them your way. Again, I can’t thank you enough.

    Frank T. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    We have used Akrami & Associates for all of our immigration needs. They have never let us down and we couldn’t be happier. They took care of us from start to finish with little effort on our part. An excellent group of legal professionals.

    Michael W. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    Reception was very nice and was sure to answer the questions he could but made sure I was taken care of by a rep at the firm. Shabnam was extremely helpful and I will be calling again when I am ready to proceed.

    Salvatore M. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    I got my visitors visa thanks to Shabnam. I just want to thank her and all the team for her hard work. They all did a very good job.

    Lucy A. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    Akrami & Associates was extremely professional and the most efficient legal team I have ever had the pleasure of dealing. They responded to my emails quickly, never missed a phone call and explained the process to me in such a way that anyone could understand, even me. Thanks to them, I was able to hire the workers my business needed mush sooner than I had ever expected. You can’t go wrong with them.

    Fahim S. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star