Off-Campus Work Permit Requirements

Posted in Off Campus Work Permit

The Off-Campus Work Permit Program allows certain foreign students to work off campus while completing their studies.

To qualify, you must be a full-time student enrolled at an eligible post-secondary educational institution or in an approved program at an eligible privately funded institution.

To work off campus, you must apply for a work permit. Do not begin to work off campus until you have received your work permit. The work permit authorizes you to work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions, and full time during scheduled breaks (for example, winter and summer holidays, and spring break).

Obtaining this work permit is easier said than done and in no way does it guarantee that you will find a job however; those who wish to work off campus will definitely require one.

Akrami & Associates can help you with this. We have a wealth of experience in connecting businesses with foreign workers and can do the same for your business. Contact us for more details!

To be eligible for an Off-Campus Work Permit, you must:

  • have a valid study permit
  • study at a participating institution
  • have been a full-time student for at least six of the 12 months preceding the date of your work permit application
  • be in satisfactory academic standing and
  • sign a form authorizing the institution, the province, and Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to share your personal information (to confirm that you are continuing to study full time and that you are in satisfactory academic standing).

You are not eligible to apply for an Off-Campus Work Permit if you are:

  • participating in a Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Program funded by Canada's Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada (DFATD)
  • participating in a Government of Canada Awards Program funded by DFATD
  • receiving funding from the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
  • participating in the Equal Opportunity Scholarship Program, Canada-Chile
  • participating in the Canada-China Scholars Exchanges Program
  • participating in the Organization of American States Fellowships Program
  • attending a participating institution and registered in either an English as a Second Language or French as a Second Language program or
  • a visiting or exchange student.

Tags: Off-Campus Work Permit Work Permit Canadian Temporary Residence Canadian Immigration Off-Campus Work Permit Requirements

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here