FAQs: Work Permits for Students

Posted in Off Campus Work Permit

Work Permits for Students FAQs

I am an international student in Canada. Can I work while studying?

Yes. You can work in Canada while studying and after you graduate, through Citizenship and Immigration Canada's work permit programs for international students. Students may qualify for the on-campus, off-campus or post graduate work permit programs.

As an international student, can I work in Canada without a work permit?

No. You must have the appropriate work permit in order to work in Canada either during or after your studies. However, as an exception, you may work on campus without a work permit.

Can I apply for a job off campus before I get my off-campus work permit?

Yes, but you must have a valid Off-Campus Work Permit before beginning to work off-campus.

Can I work in any type of job under the Off-Campus Work Permit Program?

You can work in any type of job under the Off-Campus Work Permit Program. However, you must continue to meet the requirements of the program, including full-time status and maintaining satisfactory academic standing, in order to maintain your eligibility for the program.

Can I work as many hours as I want, once I get my off-campus work permit?

No. Once you get your off-campus work permit, you can work up to 20 hours per week while classes are in session. However, during scheduled breaks such as the summer or winter holidays and spring break, you are allowed to work full-time.

We can Help You!

We have dealt with hundreds of immigration cases. We have helped our clients in their difficult situations and have guided them to draft a more effective application. We can help you draft your application and arrange the required documents. A well-planned and complete application will increase your likelihood of acceptance and will save your from hassle.

Do it Yourself Immigration Kit

If you are worried about the legal fees – Don't be!Our goal is to help everyone that is interested in immigrating to Canada.Contact us and we can provide numerous options for you.You can also purchase our very affordable Immigration Kit which details everything for you.If you are still not sure, feel free to get back to us.We will review your case before you submit it to give you the best possible outcome.

Tags: Off-Campus Work Permit Work Permit Canadian Temporary Residence Canadian Immigration FAQs: Work Permits for Students

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here