Whom Can You Sponsor?

Posted in Spousal Sponsorship Canada

You can sponsor your spouse, Common Law Partner or children who are dependent on you.

Is a Marriage Certificate Needed?

If you are sponsoring your spouse then you have to submit valid marriage certificate. But it has two conditions:

  • If you are married in Canada, then you have to present valid certificate issued by states and provinces of Canada
  • Or, if you are married outside Canada, then you have to submit certificate which has to be valid both in your home country and Canada.

Who are Considered as Dependent Children?

  • Who are disabled
  • Who are under 22 and have no spouse or conjugal partner
  • Whose age is over 22 but still dependent on their parents for financial support and also remain full time student continuously
  • Who are married before 22 but still dependent on their parents and have been full time student before the age of 22.

Are You Worried about your same sex partner?

You do not have to worry much about it. We will handle this matter delicately. All you have to do is to present a valid marriage certificate to the immigration office. Some same-sex partners live in a conjugal common law relationship. This is fine too.

What Qualifies as Common Law Partner?

If you have a Common Law Partner and you want to sponsor him/her, then you have to stay together for at least 1 year without any communication gap.

Contact Akrami & Associates Immigration Law firm


For further information with respect to your Canadian immigration, we invite you to contact our experienced immigration representatives. 

Tags: Spousal Sponsorship Family Class Sponsorship Canadian Permanent Residence Canadian Immigration Whom Can You Sponsor?

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our immigration specialists will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our immigration specialist will contact you. Click here

  • Reviews

    Fantastic news, I entered Canada without a hitch. Once the guard at the border saw the package you had prepared for me, he took about ten minutes and handed me my permit. What I relief! I don’t know why I ever tried this without you guys! Thank you!

    Paul R. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    Reception was very nice and was sure to answer the questions he could but made sure I was taken care of by a rep at the firm. Shabnam was extremely helpful and I will be calling again when I am ready to proceed.

    Salvatore M. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    I got my visitors visa thanks to Shabnam. I just want to thank her and all the team for her hard work. They all did a very good job.

    Lucy A. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    Shabnam, I wanted to personally thank you for all your hard work and dedication to me and my wife. Our new lives together are all thanks to you. Considering the unique circumstances that initially prevented her, I had lost hope. I will make sure that if anyone I know needs immigration help, I will be sending them your way. Again, I can’t thank you enough.

    Frank T. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    We have used Akrami & Associates for all of our immigration needs. They have never let us down and we couldn’t be happier. They took care of us from start to finish with little effort on our part. An excellent group of legal professionals.

    Michael W. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    Akrami & Associates was extremely professional and the most efficient legal team I have ever had the pleasure of dealing. They responded to my emails quickly, never missed a phone call and explained the process to me in such a way that anyone could understand, even me. Thanks to them, I was able to hire the workers my business needed mush sooner than I had ever expected. You can’t go wrong with them.

    Fahim S. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star