Tips for Canadian Study Permit Applications

Posted in Study Permit Canada

Canadian Study Permit Applications

When considering to apply for a Study Permit you should consider a few basic requirements.  First and foremost, you should be enrolled in an eligible post-secondary institution. Beyond this, you will need to demonstrate sufficient funds and background information. While the criteria of this matter seem straight forward, it is easy to get lost as to what documents you should submit as well as what the officer will want to see in order to satisfy them that you meet the requirements. Many of our clients struggle with demonstrating financial support as well as satisfying an officer that their intended purpose in Canada is a temporary one.

Akrami & Associates will guide you every step of the way with this. Contact us for more details.

If you intend on submitting your application without the support of a representative, there are a couple of factors you should keep in mind.

Financial Support

You must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who accompany you while you are in Canada. You can prove that you have sufficient funds to support yourself in Canada by showing some of the following:

  • proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada
  • proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
  • your bank statements for the past four months
  • proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
  • a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
  • proof of funding paid from within Canada if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program.

You may want to also demonstrate where these funds come from. For example, if you provide the officer with a bank statement that only shows the deposite of a large amount (in order to cover expenses) the officer may want to see where these funds come from as they bay be considered questionable. If you received these funds for your parents, for example, you should also provide their statements to show how the money came from their account to yours.

This is just one way you can be a step ahead of the officer. Anticipating the officers needs usually comes with experience and knowledge on what to expect, another excellent reason why having a legal representative on your team can make all the difference.

After You Apply

After the visa office receives your application, the visa office might request more information or documents. These may include the following:

  • Medical information
    In most cases, you will need a medical examination. A visa officer will send you instructions if you need one. This may add more than three months to the processing time of your application.

These medicals will need to be performed by a designated medical practitioner. Not all doctors' exams will be considered by CIC.

  • Security information
    If you want to study in Canada, you and any family members who come to Canada with you, and who are 18 years of age and over, may have to provide police certificates.

You will need to contact your local police authorities on how to obtain this information. Each authority has its own policies and procedures.

Tags: Study Permit Canadian Temporary Residence Canadian Immigration Tips for Canadian Study Permit Applications

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here