Canadian Study Permit FAQ Video

Posted in Study Permit Videos

Are you looking to study in Canada and are unsure what the requirements are for you to be eligible to apply? Watch our as it discusses the fundamentals of obtaining a Study Permit and the steps you need to take submit a successful application.

Canadian Study Permit FAQ

A study permit is issued by the Canadian Government to individuals who wish to attend a post-secondary institution of learning in Canada. Suppose you want to attend the reputable University of Toronto in Ontario but do not have the means to study in Canada. You will require authorization from the Canadian Government if you are an international student (do not hold Canadian citizenship or Permanent Residency). The authorization to study in a post-secondary institution in Canada is obtained by applying for a Study Permit which will allow you to sit in course/program at any participating Designated Learning Institution that you have been accepted for.

Prior to applying for a Study Permit you must have the Acceptance Letter from a Designated Learning Institution in Canada. If you have not obtained your Acceptance Letter then you are not eligible to apply until you receive the Acceptance Letter from a university or college in Canada.

We get a lot of questions whether or not English Test is a requirement to submit Study Permit application, luckily it is not a requirement to take a language test. The main part of the application is having the acceptance letter and showing funds you are able to support yourself during your time of stay and providing a letter that states why it is important for you to study in Canada. Also, providing ample amount of documents to demonstrate ties to your home country is highly recommended to have better chance of success in your application. The immigration officer wants to ensure you will exit Canada once your Study Permit expires which is done by providing ties to your home country. What this means showing documents such as assets, bank statements, family responsibilities and anything else that shows your intension are temporary to Canada.

If you need assistance with your Study Permit application or have pending questions then contact us today and let us assist you with your immigration matter.

With Akrami & Associates there is always a way!!

If you like this video please subscribe to our channel!

We hope you enjoy the video!

For more information on Study Permit Canada and many other immigration matters, check out our site:

or Call us at

416-477-2545 | 1-877-820-7121

416 477 2570 | 1 877 622 8182

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Tags: FAQs: Work Permits for Students Study Permit Canada Study Permit

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our immigration specialists will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our immigration specialist will contact you. Click here

  • Reviews

    I got my visitors visa thanks to Shabnam. I just want to thank her and all the team for her hard work. They all did a very good job.

    Lucy A. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    Reception was very nice and was sure to answer the questions he could but made sure I was taken care of by a rep at the firm. Shabnam was extremely helpful and I will be calling again when I am ready to proceed.

    Salvatore M. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    Shabnam, I wanted to personally thank you for all your hard work and dedication to me and my wife. Our new lives together are all thanks to you. Considering the unique circumstances that initially prevented her, I had lost hope. I will make sure that if anyone I know needs immigration help, I will be sending them your way. Again, I can’t thank you enough.

    Frank T. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    Akrami & Associates was extremely professional and the most efficient legal team I have ever had the pleasure of dealing. They responded to my emails quickly, never missed a phone call and explained the process to me in such a way that anyone could understand, even me. Thanks to them, I was able to hire the workers my business needed mush sooner than I had ever expected. You can’t go wrong with them.

    Fahim S. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    We have used Akrami & Associates for all of our immigration needs. They have never let us down and we couldn’t be happier. They took care of us from start to finish with little effort on our part. An excellent group of legal professionals.

    Michael W. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    Fantastic news, I entered Canada without a hitch. Once the guard at the border saw the package you had prepared for me, he took about ten minutes and handed me my permit. What I relief! I don’t know why I ever tried this without you guys! Thank you!

    Paul R. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star