Work on a Study Permit Video

Posted in Study Permit Videos

Are you on study permit in Canada and part of your program consists of finishing a co-op or internship? If so, you need a work permit. Find out how you can meet the qualification criteria to obtain a work permit as international student in Canada. If you have graduated from your area of study and wish to work you will need to apply for a post graduate work permit. Watch our video for further details.

Work on a Study Permit

Work experience is part of some academic programs. So if you are foreign student and like take internship or participate in co-op placement then you must apply for a Work Permit as well as Study Permit.

To be able to work as student in Canada you need to have a valid Study Permit, your employment must be part of your program of study in Canada and vocational or professional training must be offered by the institution. Also, your co-op or internship cannot be more than 50% of the total program of study.

You cannot work if you are taking English or French as a second language or if you are participating in general preparatory courses.

If you like to work in Canada after you have graduated you need to apply for Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP). If you like to remain in Canada for Permanent Residency options, there are different programs available with its own requirement criteria. The Post Graduate Work Permit Program allows international students that have graduated from University or College in Canada to gain Canadian work experience. Gaining Canadian work experience will help graduates qualify for permanent residence in Canada through the Express Entry Program. Post Graduate Work Permit are usually issued for the length of the study program, up to a maximum of three years. So, if your program of study was two years then you will be granted two year Post Graduate Work Permit and your program of study cannot be less than 8 months in length.

Also, what is important with a Post-Graduate Work Permit is that you only have 90 days to apply for this program. Once you have received confirmation letter such as an transcript or an official letter from your school that clearly indicates you have met the requirements for completing your program.

If you like to know how you can work while studying in Canada or what steps to take once you graduate from your program of study then contact Akrami & Associates today!!

With Akrami & Associates there is always a way!!

If you like this video please subscribe to our channel!

We hope you enjoy the video!

For more information on Study Permit Canada and many other immigration matters, check out our site:

or Call us at

416-477-2545 | 1-877-820-7121

416 477 2570 | 1 877 622 8182

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Tags: Work Permit for International Students Canada Study Permit/Co-op/Internship off campus work permit elibility criteria for students studying in canada Can i study and work in canada Canadian Study Permit Requirements Post-graduate Work Permit Requirements Tips on Applying for a Post-graduate Work Permit Off-Campus Work Permit Maintaining Your Status FAQs: Work Permits for Students Post Graduate Work Permit Canada Off Campus Work Permit Canada Study Permit Post-graduate Work Permit Off-Campus Work Permit

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here