Super Visa Canada
What Is Super Visa And Who Qualifies?
Super visa is given to parents and grandparents of the citizens and permanent residents of Canada who wants to visit Canada. This is a new option provided from December 1, 2011. This visa is valid for 10 years and will allow the applicant to remain in Canada up to 2 years at a time without renewing the status of the visa.
Super Visa Requirements The Applicant Must Satisfy:
- The applicant must be the parent or grandparent of a permanent resident or Canadian citizen
- The applicant should be admissible to Canada
- The applicant should have ties with their home country
- The applicant should mention the purpose of their visit
- The applicant's family and financial status will be considered
- The economic and political stability of the home country will be considered
- Should provide written commitment regarding the financial support
- Should prove that the applicant has medical insurance coverage for min. 1 year
- Should complete the immigration medical examination
Steps To A Super Visa Application:
- First determine the way you want to apply for the visa either by yourself or with the help of a firm
- Get the application package which includes the application forms and required documents
- Pay the applicable government fees
- Submit your application properly after checking it twice for any errors
- Check the process times. The application processing time will be a few weeks depending on the visa office
- Prepare your arrival by contacting the Canadian hosts and plan your stay properly.
How Can We Help You Get The Super Visa?
We are here to help you bring your grandparents or parents to Canada. Obtaining a Super Visa can be a complex process. Contact us for a consultation. Let us assess your immigration situation and advise you on how we can help you move forward!
Qualifying For A Super Visa
When applying for the super visa, there are additional requirements apart from a standard visitor visa. Though some remain essentially the same, others, like the low income cut off need to be addressed.
First and foremost, you must satisfy and officer that your stay is temporary and you will exit Canada when the validity of your visa has expired.
Canadian Super Visa, You Must Also:
- satisfy an officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay,
- show that you have enough money to maintain yourself and your family members in Canada and to return home,
- not intend to work or study in Canada unless authorized to do so,
- be law abiding and have no record of criminal activity,
- not be a risk to the security of Canada,
- provide any additional document requested by the officer to establish your admissibility
- be in good health (complete a medical examination if required).
Super Visa Medical Examinations
Super visa applicants may be required to undergo a medical examination in order to come to Canada. You may either:
- undergo an upfront medical examination by contacting a Panel Physician; or
- wait until your application is reviewed and medical instructions are provided to you by the visa office.
Super Visa Meeting The LICO Requirements
Your child or grandchild's income must meet or exceed the minimum necessary income or low income cut off (LICO)
In the letter of invitation that your "inviter" must offer, they will need to calculate their family size as well. This factor determines the amount of income required of them to provide care and support for you and your spouse, if applicable. He may use the table below to calculate the family size:
Super Visa Income Table
Effective from January 1 to December 31, 2015
Your child or grandchild may use the following income scale to assess their ability to meet the income requirements.
Low Income Cut-Off (LICO) 2015 for Super Visa
|Size of Family Unit||Minimum necessary income|
1 person (your child or grandchild)
More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add
We Can Help You With Your Super Visa Application!
We have dealt with hundreds of Super Visa Application cases. We have helped our clients in their difficult situations and have guided them to draft a more effective application. We can help you draft your application and arrange the required documents. A well-planned and complete application will increase your likelihood of acceptance and will save your from hassle.
If you are worried about the legal fees, don't be! Our goal is to help everyone that is interested in immigrating to Canada. Contact us and we can provide numerous options for you. You can also purchase our very affordable Do it Yourself Immigration Kit which details everything for you. If you are still not sure, feel free to get back to us. We will review your case before you submit it to give you the best possible outcome.
Tags: Canadian Super Visa Super Visa Canada Super Visa Canadian Temporary Residence Canadian Immigration