Crossing Border with DUI or DWI Video

Posted in Temporary Resident Permit Videos

DUI or DWI or considered serious offences in Canada. If you are planning to visit Canada and have a DUI or DWI then you are considered inadmissible to Canada. To become admissible to Canada depending on your situation you may be eligible for Temporary Resident Permit or Criminal Rehabilitation. Watch our video and find out what steps you need to take to overcome your inadmissibility to Canada. 

Crossing Border with DUI or DWI

Do you have DUI or DWI conviction in the United States? DUI or DWI or usually not a big offense in the United States, unfortunately when you plan a trip to Canada whether it is business or leisure and you have DUI or DWI then you will be Denied Entry into Canada. DUI or DWI is considered a major offense in Canada, it can be considered an indictable offense which can be equivalent to a felony.

So if you have DUI or DWI in the past that can be dated back all the way 30 or more years ago and have not taken care of your inadmissibility in Canada then you can potentially be Denied Entry into Canada. Most immigration officer will deny you entry even though ten years may have passed in which you are considered deemed rehabilitated (depending on your situation). These immigration officer want to ensure you are not risk to Canadian society therefore you have to take care of it formally in Canada as well.

Depending on many factors you may or not be eligible for Temporary Resident Permit (TRP), These include:

  • what your offense on record is or was
  • how many offenses you got record
  • when you completed your sentence or whatever that was imposed on you such (fine, probation, jail, etc.)
  • what was imposed on you
  • what you served

The Temporary Resident Permit also known as TRP is temporary document that allows you temporary entry into Canada. There is two ways of obtaining the TRP either submitting an application at the consulate that can take 8-12 months to get processed. If you have urgent travel date you can take all your necessary documents and submit an application at the Canadian Port of Entry. Depending on your urgency and your offences on record the officer may or not grant you the temporary permit. It is recommended to submit the TRP application at consulate level regardless of taking the at the Port Entry.

For the immigration officer to issue a TRP, he/she determines the need of you entering Canada versus the potential risk you may be on Canadian society.

If you have criminal inadmissibility since the age of 18 then contact Akrami & Associates to determine your eligibility to enter Canada.

With Akrami & Associates there is always a way!!

If you like this video please subscribe to our channel!

We hope you enjoy the video!

For more information on Temporary Resident Permit and many other immigration matters, check out our site:

or Call us at

416-477-2545 | 1-877-820-7121

416 477 2570 | 1 877 622 8182

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Tags: DUI/DWI/Temporary Resident Permit/TRP/Criminal Rehabilitation Denied Entry to Canada/TRP/Criminal Inadmissibility/Medical Inadmissibility TRP application Temporary Resident Permit/DUI documents needed to overcome inadmissibility to Canada I was denied entry to canada for inadmissibility what can i do what is a TRP and how can i qualify for one I have a DUI can i still come to canada documents to show to overcome inadmissibility to canada Crossing Border with DUI or DWI Video Criminal Rehabilitation Requirements Determining if Criminal Inadmissibility is Minor Need Versus Risk When Issuing a TRP Criminal Inadmissibility Canada Criminal Rehabilitation Canada Denied Entry to Canada for DUI Criminal Rehabilitation Temporary Resident Permit (TRP)

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our immigration specialists will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our immigration specialist will contact you. Click here

  • Reviews

    Akrami & Associates was extremely professional and the most efficient legal team I have ever had the pleasure of dealing. They responded to my emails quickly, never missed a phone call and explained the process to me in such a way that anyone could understand, even me. Thanks to them, I was able to hire the workers my business needed mush sooner than I had ever expected. You can’t go wrong with them.

    Fahim S. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    Fantastic news, I entered Canada without a hitch. Once the guard at the border saw the package you had prepared for me, he took about ten minutes and handed me my permit. What I relief! I don’t know why I ever tried this without you guys! Thank you!

    Paul R. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    Shabnam, I wanted to personally thank you for all your hard work and dedication to me and my wife. Our new lives together are all thanks to you. Considering the unique circumstances that initially prevented her, I had lost hope. I will make sure that if anyone I know needs immigration help, I will be sending them your way. Again, I can’t thank you enough.

    Frank T. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    I got my visitors visa thanks to Shabnam. I just want to thank her and all the team for her hard work. They all did a very good job.

    Lucy A. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    We have used Akrami & Associates for all of our immigration needs. They have never let us down and we couldn’t be happier. They took care of us from start to finish with little effort on our part. An excellent group of legal professionals.

    Michael W. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star
  • Reviews

    Reception was very nice and was sure to answer the questions he could but made sure I was taken care of by a rep at the firm. Shabnam was extremely helpful and I will be calling again when I am ready to proceed.

    Salvatore M. Rating StarRating StarRating StarRating StarRating Star