Temporary Resident Permit For Canada Video

Posted in Temporary Resident Permit Videos

Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) are for individuals who are considered inadmissible to Canada. You can be considered inadmissible on multiple grounds such as criminality, health, or overstay in Canada. To overcome your inadmissibility you need to apply for TRP application. Watch our video and find out what supporting documents you need to include with your TRP application to overcome your inadmissibility to Canada.

Temporary Resident Permit For Canada

Mistakes happen! But what you may not know is that being charged with or convicted of an offense that can range from minor to major can make you inadmissible to Canada. So, if you are planning to come to Canada whether it is for leisure, business, or even an emergency, you will need to obtain a Temporary Resident Permit before being allowed to enter Canada.

A Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) is a document that’s allows otherwise inadmissible individuals into Canada for a predetermined time anywhere from a single day, to up to 3 years (multiple entries are permitted during this duration) depending on the situation. You can apply for the TRP either at the Port of Entry and get a same decision or submitting the application at a Consulate level which can take about 8-12 months for the processing. To be eligible to apply at the Port of Entry you have to come from a visa exempt country such as the United States. If you come from a non-visa exempt country you have no choice but to apply at the Consulate level.

Even though Canadians are known to be polite and easy-going but when it comes to crossing the borders the immigration officers take their job seriously and don’t mess around when it comes to entering Canadian borders and ensuring the person has no inadmissibility issues. The ability for you to enter Canada is at the discretion of the officer and based on the facts presented will determine your admissibility to Canada. So ensure you arrive well prepared and with all the supporting documents at hand. If the officer feels the documents provided is not sufficient enough for entry or has reasons to believe purpose is not good enough they can simple deny you entry.

To make sure you have better chance of entry into Canada go in prepared. Having documents such as state clearances, FBI clearances, documents that show what your sentence was and what you completed for it, when the offense occurred, reference letters that demonstrate good character, personal statement from yourself, why you are travelling to Canada. If you are traveling for business having a confirmation letter from your employer would assist with your application.

Remember TRP applications are not easily approved unless you have good reasons to travel and having prepared a strong application. Akrami & Associates has assisted many clients with successful entry into Canada with inadmissibility issues and we can help you too.

With Akrami & Associates there is always a way!!


If you like this video please subscribe to our channel!

We hope you enjoy the video!

For more information on Temporary Resident Permit and many other immigration matters, check out our site:




or Call us at

416-477-2545 | 1-877-820-7121

416 477 2570 | 1 877 622 8182

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Tags: What Documents do I Need to Include with TRP Application Denied Entry to Canada/TRP Documents/Criminal Rehabililtation Documents TRP Application Fees Temporary Resident Permits TRP Government Fees TRP Documents DUI/DWI/Temporary Resident Permit/TRP/Criminal Rehabilitation Denied Entry to Canada/TRP/Overstayed in Canda Denied Entry to Canada/TRP/Criminal Inadmissibility/Medical Inadmissibility TRP application documents needed to overcome inadmissibility to Canada Inadmissibility Issues to Canada i have business meeting in canada but have dui I was denied entry to canada for inadmissibility what can i do what is a TRP and how can i qualify for one I have a DUI can i still come to canada documents to show to overcome inadmissibility to canada deemed inadmissible to canada Crossing Border with DUI or DWI Video Need Versus Risk When Issuing a TRP Criminal Inadmissibility Canada Criminal Rehabilitation Canada Denied Entry to Canada for DUI Temporary Resident Permit (TRP)

Book a Consultation with Akrami & Assocaites

Book a Consultation Session!

One of our Representative will assist you with your matter. Book Now!

Call Akrami & Assocaites

Call or Email us for more Information!

+1-416-477-2545 | Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Write to Akrami & Assocaites

Write Us (Online Form)

Leave us your information and one of our Representative will contact you. Click here