Things You Need to Apply for TRP at Canadian Border

If you know that you are inadmissible, or you have been denied entry into Canada due to inadmissibility before, you may wish to apply for a Temporary Resident Permit that will override your inadmissibility and allow you to temporarily enter Canada.

There are two ways for you to apply for a Temporary Resident Permit. You can either make an application to a Canadian Consulate in your country or region, or you can apply directly at a Canadian border.

If you have an urgent need to enter Canada, applying at a Canadian border would be your best option. This is usually not recommended if you have time to apply to a Canadian Consulate, as it presents the risk of being denied after having to waste time and money to get to a Canadian border.

When you arrive at a Canadian border with the intention of applying for a Temporary Resident Permit, there are some things you will need to bring with you. This includes,

  • A complete application with supporting documentation, this can be documents that show,
  • Why you were denied
  • Why you think you should be allowed to enter Canada
  • Materials that will show why you need to enter Canada, this can be,
  • Letters from employers proving that you need to attend an important conference
  • Any documentation that will show you are seeing a family member that is ill
  • A valid passport or authorized identification (ex. Enhanced Driver’s License)
  • Money for your stay

It is important to know that your responsibility is to prove that you do not really present a risk to Canada that is great enough to deny you temporary access into Canada. Any documentation you can provide that will establish this purpose will be beneficial to you.

If you require further assistance or you are still unsure of what documents you will need to gather in order for a successful application, at Akrami & Associates, one of our legal professionals can be of assistance to you. Call us today and find out how we can help.

Latest Immigrations News

  • Temporary Resident Permit

    March 8, 2024

    Applying for Temporary Resident Permit (TRP)

    Applying for Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) Applying for Temporary Resident Permits (TRP) stands as a crucial mechanism, offering individuals an avenue to enter or remain in Canada for a limited period despite inadmissibility. What is a TRP? A Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) is an official document issued by [...]

  • Overcoming-Inadmissibility-To-Canada-3-Different-Ways-To-Follow.png

    February 22, 2023

    Overcoming Inadmissibility to Canada: 3 Different Ways To Follow

    Canada receives millions of immigration applications every year. Whether an individual wants to visit Canada to meet his/her family or want to study/work there, they must meet all the eligibility requirements. What if you have a criminal conviction that can trigger inadmissibility to Canada? Well, there are ways [...]

  • Apply-to-Continue-stay-as-Temporary-Resident-Permit-Holder.png

    May 14, 2020

    Apply to Continue stay as Temporary Resident Permit Holder

    Temporary Resident Permit If you are looking to continue your stay in Canada as a permit holder then you would need to apply for Temporary Resident Permit (TRP). TRP is a document that is granted for persons who are inadmissible to Canada or for individuals that do not [...]

Consultation icon

Book a Conslutation

One of our Representatives will
assist you with your matter. Book Now!
Click here

Call us icon

Call us for
more Information

Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121
Click here

Write Us (Online Form)

Complete our form and one of our
Representatives will contact you.
Click here

Akrami & Associates logo element small

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Akrami & Associates logo element

There is always a way