Travelling as Tourist to Canada

Visitor Visa to Canada for Tourists

Tourists around the world like to travel to Canada for many reasons; these include exploring Canada’s natural beauty from mountains to its secluded lakes and forests. Canada does not only offer great outdoor beauty but many love how diverse and multicultural Canada is. For this reason every year we get thousands of visitors to Canada whether it is for leisure purposes or reconnecting with loved ones in Canada. As you are aware Visitor Visas to Canada are not granted easily as many have overstayed their welcomed stay in Canada and therefore Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has made it even more difficult to obtain one. A lot of times when applicants submit their own Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) application they fail to compile strong documents proving that their intent is only temporary to Canada. This is where immigration experts such Akrami & Associates come in, they will ensure you have a strong application to prove you have no reasons to remain in Canada and have strong ties to your home country.

Requirements to visit Canada as a Visitor

Some of the basic requirements you need to meet to visit Canada includes:

  • Having a passport or any other valid travel document
  • Not have major health issues
  • Have no criminal record or immigration related convictions
  • Providing ample documents for the immigration officer to proof you have great ties to your home country such as having employment back home, assets, family etc
  • Convincing the immigration officer that you will exit Canada once your visa expires
  • Proof you have sufficient funds for your length of stay in Canada. How much funds you need to show depend on your length of stay and where you will be staying. For example, if you are not staying with friends you have to show how you will pay for hotel, food etc. If family is covering your accommodation then they must provide proof of funds available to support you during your time of stay and what they will be covering for.

Do I need to take Medial Exam when travelling a Visitor to Canada?

Medical examination is usually not required if you are travelling to Canada for less than 6 months as a visitor. Medical examination may be requested by CIC once you submit your online application, if you are required CIC will send you the instructions on how and where to get the medical examination done. Medical examination cannot be done by your own doctor; you have to find a doctor from the panel of physicians in your country, territory or region that CIC has approved to get medicals done. If you want to visit Canada for more than 6 months and have lived or travelled for six months in a country or territory that is listed on CIC websites such as Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan then you need to get the medicals done. Please see CIC website for countries that need medical examination done. If you are coming to work in Canada, certain occupations require you to complete a medical examination. Please refer to CIC website for occupations that require medical examination. Also, applying for Parent and Grandparent Super Visa requires medical examination.

Important Documents for Visitors travelling to Canada

When travelling to Canada as a visitor you need to carry proper travel documents and identification for yourself and any children joining you on the trip. Forgetting to carry proper documents can delay your trip or potentially refuse you entry to board the plane. So prior to booking your ticket or hopping on the car and travelling to the Canadian border, check out what requirements you need to meet based on your country of citizenship.

What Documents to include with Visitor Visa application

  • Application for Temporary Resident Visa
  • Family information form
  • Statutory declaration of Common-Law (if applicable)
  • Use of Representative Form (if applicable)
  • Processing Fees
  • Photo copy of your Passport Data Page
  • Two photos of you
  • Proof of financial support
  • Proof of marriage certificate ( if applicable)
  • Purpose of travel
  • Photocopy of your current immigration status
  • If minor is travelling with you one parent must provide custody documents or authorization letter from parent not travelling
  • Ties to home country
  • Invitation from the inviter (if you have friends or family in Canada, if not invitation letter not required)

What should include in the Invitation Letter for Visitor Visa

Information for person you are inviting:

  • Their full legal name (first and last name)
  • Their date of birth
  • Their current address and phone number
  • Your relationship with the person being invited (friend, family, co-worker, gf/bf, fiancée)
  • Their purpose of trip (vacation, family emergency, family even etc.)
  • How long the person you are invited intends to stay in Canada
  • Any accommodations or expenses you are covering for the inviter
  • How long the inviter will be staying with you or intending to leave Canada

Information of the person writing the invitation letter:

  • Your complete name (legal name)
  • Your date of birth
  • Your address and telephone number in Canada
  • Your occupation
  • Your status in Canada (Permanent Resident or Canadian Citizen
  • Photocopy of your status in Canada (Canadian birth certificate if born in Canada, your Canadian citizenship card, your passport, your permanent resident card or your IMM 1000 proof of landing).

Can I travel to Canada with a Criminal Record?

If you have an inadmissibility issue you would have to overcome your inadmissibility first prior to booking your ticket to Canada. You can get denied entry into Canada for health, financial or security reasons. If you have past criminal record contact Akrami & Associates on what steps you need to take to overcome your inadmissibility issue. Depending on your offence on record you may require Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) , Criminal Rehabilitation or Authorization to Return to Canada. Every case is different and unique to determine what steps you need to take it is recommended to consult with an immigration representative prior to submitting any application.

Do I need Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)?

If you come from a visa-exempt country you require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to either fly or transit through Canada. To determine if you need one you can visit the CIC website and see list of countries that require eTA. You only require an eTA if you are travelling by air, so if you are Italian citizen and visited United States for a holiday and like to visit Canada by car you do not require an eTA but if you travelling by air you have to apply for an eTA.

Travelling as Tourist to Canada? Contact Akrami & Associates

Looking to travel to Canada for tourism purposes or simply reconnect with your loved ones in Canada then contact Akrami & Associates today!! Remember Visitor Visas are not granted easily by citizenship and immigration Canada. To improve your chances of travelling to Canada then contact us today at 416-477-2545. Our immigration experts have submitted many successful visitor visa applications and we can help you too.

With Akrami & Associates there is always a way!!

Latest Immigrations News

  • April 10, 2024

    Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC)

    Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC) Have you ever received a departure, deportation, or exclusion order? If you've been subject to a removal order from Canada, you may require an Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC) for your return. The necessity of an Authorization to Return to Canada [...]

  • April 2, 2024

    PR – Self Employed

    PR - Self Employed The PR - Self-Employed Persons Program enables individuals to obtain permanent residency in Canada as self-employed individuals. To qualify for this program, applicants must possess pertinent experience in cultural activities or athletics and demonstrate a readiness and capability to make a substantial contribution to [...]

  • April 1, 2024

    Sponsorship Appeal

    Sponsorship Appeal If your family member's application for a permanent residence visa was denied after sponsorship, you have the option to appeal to the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD). This appeal allows you to present arguments as to why the visa application should be approved, commonly referred to as [...]

Consultation icon

Book a Conslutation

One of our Representatives will
assist you with your matter. Book Now!
Click here

Call us icon

Call us for
more Information

Toll Free: 1-877-820-7121
Click here

Write Us (Online Form)

Complete our form and one of our
Representatives will contact you.
Click here

Akrami & Associates logo element small

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Akrami & Associates logo element

There is always a way