Apply for a Study Permit
- You must have already secured admission from a Canadian educational institution. Before you start the visa procedures, the first step to studying in Canada is to apply to a university or an educational institution.
- These educational institutions can be schools, colleges, vocational training centres or universities.
- After you receive a letter of acceptance from any of the above-mentioned institutions, you can start your visa proceedings.
- To study in Canada, a student needs a document issued by the Canadian government known as a student permit. For most long-term courses in Canada, a student permit is essential.
When you submit an application for a student permit, the government will evaluate your application against certain regulations. What are these rules?
- The main requirement concerns your finances. You would need to furnish proof that you have adequate finances to cover the fees charged by your college or university. Also, you will need to prove that you can financially take care of yourself during your stay in Canada.
- You would need to prove that you will have adequate resources to fund your other expenses. If your family (this could be your spouse or your children) is coming with you then you would have to prove that you will be able to provide for them as well
- Those students who wish to study courses of short duration (6 months) will not need a study permit. But after you finish your six-month studies and you wish to stay back in Canada, you will have to apply again.
- Good universities and colleges are not the only attractions that make Canada popular with students. Students can also work while they are pursuing their studies. For a student from a different country to work in Canada, there is no need for a work permit in the following cases.
- The student must be in possession of a study permit
- Sometimes educational institutions themselves employ students in part-time jobs. For this, a student does not need a work permit.
The information about courses that are available and courses that have funding is a lot. So if you feel a little lost, you can take the help of our experienced firm.
Studying in Canada is attractive for another reason. Once you secure a degree from a Canadian institution, it greatly enhances your chances in immigrating to Canada later. When you are a student, you would be a temporary resident. However, if you play your cards right, you can successfully become a permanent resident in Canada.
How do I apply for PR after I have finished my studies?
- While you are in Canada, perfect your English skills. If you are familiar with French, do the same with French.
- Try to acquire some work experience. Remember, you can work on campus with your study permit. Use it to secure a part-time job as a skilled worker.
- The program that will help you move from a temporary resident to a permanent resident is called CEC of the Canadian Experience Class.
- Another application can be Federal Skilled –Arranged Employed should you have secured a full-time job.
If you need further information on study permits, please feel free to contact us. We will assist you every step of the way. Helping you move forward!