Canadian Experience Class
Canadian Experience Class or CEC
What Is Canadian Experience Class?
The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is one of the pathways to Permanent Residence. You must apply through the Express Entry System to be considered for the CEC. Top ranking candidates are chosen in the Express Entry pool, and are given an invitation to apply for Permanent Residence. In order to apply you must meet the minimum requirements, have Skilled Work Experience, and meet the language ability requirements.
You must meet the following:
- You must be admissible to Canada
- Have a minimum of 12 months full-time Experience or an equal amount in part time skilled work experience in Canada three years before you apply,
- Have gained experience in Canada with proper authorization.
- Meet the required language levels required for your job
- Plan to live outside of Quebec
Any work experience gained while you were self-employed and/or a full-time student does not count.
Skilled Work Experience
You must have Canadian skilled work experience within three years of applying. The National Occupational Classification (NOC) sets the guidelines for skilled work experience. NOC defies skilled work experience as:
- Managerial jobs (NOC skill level 0)
- Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
- Skilled trades and Technical jobs (NOC skill type B)
There is a minimum requirement of 12 months full time (30 hours of paid work per week) work or an equal amount in part-time hours.
Full time work: 30 hours/week for 12 months=1 year full time (1,560hours)
Part time: 15 hours/week for 24 months =1 year full time (1,560 hours)
30 hours/week for 12 months at more than one job =1 year full time (1,560 hours).
It is important for you to show that you did all the essential duties and most of the main duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC. If you do not show this your application will not be accepted.
You will be tested on your ability in the English or French language. There are four areas you will be tested on: reading, writing, listening, and speaking. You must show that you meet the language requirements by including your test results in your Express Entry profile. Your test results must 2 years old or less on the day you apply for Permanent Residence. If your test results are older than 2 years old, you must take another test. You must:
- You must meet the minimum level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 for NOC B jobs or the minimum language level of Canadian Language Benchmark 7 for NOC 0, and
- Take a language test approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
There is no set educational requirement for the Canadian Experience Class. In order to earn points for your education under Express Entry you need:
- A Canadian High school or post-secondary certificate, diploma, or degree,
- A completed foreign credential, and
- An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an agency approved by CIC.
If you are interested in applying under the Canadian Experience Class, contact Akrami & Associates. We are here to help!
We Can Help You With Your Canadian Experience Class Application!
We have dealt with hundreds of Canadian Experience Class Application cases. We have helped our clients in their difficult situations and have guided them to draft a more effective application. We can help you draft your application and arrange the required documents. A well-planned and complete application will increase your likelihood of acceptance and will save your from hassle.
If you are worried about the legal fees, don't be! Our goal is to help everyone that is interested in immigrating to Canada. Contact us and we can provide numerous options for you. You can also purchase our very affordable Do it Yourself Immigration Kit which details everything for you. If you are still not sure, feel free to get back to us. We will review your case before you submit it to give you the best possible outcome.
Please be advised that the Canadian Experience Class have been updated and are currently processed under the Express Entry umbrella. For more recent information, please click here.
Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/thevisa/html/templates/yoo_venture/warp/systems/joomla/layouts/com_content/category/default_articles.php on line 17