Super Visa Who Qualifies
A super visa is given to parents and grandparents of citizens and permanent residents of Canada who want to visit Canada. This is a new option provided from December 1st, 2011. This visa is valid for 10 years and will allow the applicant to remain in Canada for up to 2 years at a time without renewing the status of the visa.
There are a few requirements the applicant must satisfy:
- The applicant must be the parent or grandparent of a permanent resident or Canadian citizen
- The applicant should be admissible to Canada
- The applicant should have ties with their home country
- The applicant should mention the purpose of their visit
- The applicant’s family and financial status will be considered.
- The economic and political stability of the home country will be considered
- Should provide written commitment regarding the financial support
- Should prove that the applicant has medical insurance coverage for min. 1 year
- Should complete the immigration medical examination.
Steps to a Super Visa application:
- First, determine the way you want to apply for the visa, either by yourself or with the help of a firm.
- Get the application package which includes the application forms and required documents.
- Pay the applicable government fees
- Submit your application properly after checking it twice for any errors
- Check the process times. The application processing time will be a few weeks depending on the visa office
- Prepare for your arrival by contacting Canadian hosts and plan your stay properly.
How Can We Help You Get the Visa?
We are here to help you bring your grandparents or parents to Canada. Obtaining a Super Visa can be a complex process. Contact us for a consultation. Let us assess your immigration situation and advise you on how we can help you move forward!